Chapter VI

(Jason's POV)

We ate lunch silently while processing what mum said. Mum packed food for Elsa and Sophia, we walked back to her room.

"Hi, you must be Elsa's family, right?" someone spoke, he was wearing a doctor coat with the hospital label on it, he is a doctor here, but he is not Elsa in charge.

"Yes, we are, how can we help you?" Mum shook her hands with him,

"Mrs Red, I am Dr. James, I am here to meet Elsa, the nurses informed me that they saw you all leaving. I did not want to visit her without her parents or family, it will be rude of me," James introduced himself to mum.

"Oh, you are the famous Dr. James, my daughter is elated to meet you." Mum smiled happily. What is so great about this guy that Elsa was excited to meet him. He looks like a normal doctor to me. Little did I know that we are going to listen to an unbelievable conversation soon.

(Elsa's POV)

I woke up and saw that Sophia was laying beside me and my family was not in the room. I looked at the time and concluded that they went for lunch. I was thinking about how my mum rushed to the hospital and kept saying sorry. She explained how she noticed the way my brothers treat me, and she found out that my brothers were not happy that my parents were showering me with attention. That was why my parents did not give me attention incase they trigger my brothers. I did not say that I forgive nor was I happy with her excuses. But end of the day she is still my mum. This is not about forgiving or not, I have decided to move on.

As a medical student I have read cases of people dying young, and I did not want to die with regrets. So, if forgiving my family when they ask for forgiveness, I will forgive them. I was deep in thoughts about my brothers' reaction when they saw how I interacted with Ben, they were jealous, I think.
"What are you thinking about?" Sophia asked while stretching her hands over her head sitting up. I told her about what I was thinking about and she listened to it carefully and nodded her head agreeing with what I said.

"You are right death is unpredictable and dying with no regrets is the best way to leave the world. El I am here for you no matter what, through it all I will be here for you" Sophia spoke to me reassuringly. She saw where I was coming from and understood me, we then started to discuss about our holiday assignments. When the door opened and my mum, dad and brothers walked in.

"Someone is here to see you," Mum spoke smiling, I was confused and I looked at the door and someone in a white coat entered the room, I saw the name tag and I was happy, I was speechless.

"You are the Dr. James, the guy who wowed the whole medical world, the youngest head doctor in the whole medical world," I spoke dreamily,

"Yes, that's me" Dr. James chuckled,

"I heard about you and your friends. I am also a student from FSS, your professors have been talking about you guys, and I am proud to say that you and your friends can start interning here when school reopens" Dr. James informed us. We were dumb shocked; we are going to work with Dr. James.

"You mean, Elsa, Anna and I are going to be working here under you?" Sophia stuttered in happiness; Dr. James nodded his head while passing us files.

"These files contain details for each of your respective department, you can pass Anna her file when you see her," Dr. James spoke and bid us farewell before leaving the room.

"Sop, I am not dreaming right, pinch me, ouch, this is not a dream" I spoke while I was in shock.

Soon dinner time arrive, and Ben came by with dinner for Sophia and me.

"Ben, something amazing happened just now" I exclaimed when I saw him, he looked at me,

"What was it, Princess?" He asked curiously and I told him about the Dr. James and the internship.

"That is amazing, I knew my princesses will do an amazing job, when you are discharge, we are going to go out for dinner celebration," Ben congratulated us. Sophia and I high fived with him; Ben always treats us to an amazing dinner.

"Oh, you guys can join if you all are free," Ben asked my family, they looked at me and I just nodded. I mean baby steps to a better future with no regrets.

"Alright great, I will book the table for the dinner when she gets discharge," Ben ended the conversation. Ben and Sophia left promising that they will drop by tomorrow. I asked Sophia to bring my assignments too.

"Elsa, we need to talk," Callen spoke while they surrounded me. I nodded for them to continue,

"I know, I have not been the best brother, I was not even a brother to you, I apologize for it, and I am going to make sure to take a place in your heart soon with my actions until then I hope you will not grant me forgiveness" Callen voice out and I was shocked. He was not begging for it but instead he was going to earn it. That melted my heart a bit.

"I am looking forward to that day, "I smiled at him, and he smiled back. Jason and Danny looked like they do not have words to say.

"Hey, its okay, take your time to think and you can always tell me when you want to. I know this accident has changed your views and thoughts, but you cannot hope for everything to change on the spot. It will take time; you can speak when you are ready" I comforted them and they too smiled.

I think my family will get over this obstacle and our bonds might be stronger than it was now. I am happy that we are willing to change and to make things better. But was I hoping for more than I can take. I shall see how this will end.