Fucking Fireworks

(Following the events of the festival but they got L'manburg back.)

Tigger warning: panic attack, implied PTSD

---------------------------------------------------------

"I would like to welcome everyone back to our land that we made. Welcome back to L'manburg." Cheers came from the crowd.

It had been a couple of weeks since the festival happened. Wilbur had ended up killing Schlatt at the festival due to my death by Techno. No one else wanted the position for presidency because of Schlatt. So that meant Wilbur got his country back.

Tommy and I were in the crowd, Wilbur wanted us up on the podium but due to my injuries, I can't made it up there. He sat next to me, cheering and making jokes. It all felt normal. Like it was just another night in L'manburg. Which it was, but it wasn't at the same time.

The party had begun. There was a few games still set up from the festival so everyone went to go play them. I decided to sneak away. I needed a break.

I went to the White House, which was a struggle to get too but I made it nonetheless. I walked inside and went over to the wall, full of pictures. I saw the picture that was taken the first day I came here. Tommy took it of me, I was sat on the ground with Niki, wearing a flower crown she had made me.

She was reading a book full of Bee facts. Because of my dyslexia, it's almost impossible to read. But luckily, Niki had been a big help. She helps with sounding out words and understanding the text, which I'm so grateful for.

I heard the door open and close, I turned around to see Tommy. I smiled at him, "Hey."

"Hey." He said. There really wasn't much to say.

"I was just looking at some old pictures from when I first joined." He walked over to me, looking at the same picture as I was a moment ago.

"I remember that. Not gonna lie, you look amazing in flower crowns."

"Oh you are so full of shit." I said, messing with him.

"It's true. You do." He asked, taking his eyes off the picture to look at me.

We made eye contact for a moment before I heard something. Something loud.

The memory flashed in my mind. The yellow box. The rocket. The colors. The blood. It suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe.

I could hear Technoblade's voice in my ears. Schlatt's laugh. Quackity's voice telling Schlatt to cut it out. The mummers of crowd.

"Tubbo?" I heard a voice say. I couldn't concentrate on it. My brain didn't let me think of anything but that night.

^^^^

"Tubbo?" I asked, walking towards a bit, worried for him.

Suddenly, his breathing sped up. He was starting to hyperventilate. Fuck. He moved his hands in front of his face in a defense position as he cried out words I couldn't make out.

"Tubbo, are you okay?" I asked, not knowing if he could hear me. He didn't respond.

"I'm going to hold you to calm you down. Are you okay with that?" I asked, he didn't respond verbally but nodded his head.

With him still hyperventilating, I grabbed him and pulled him close, tears streaming down his face. I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing circles on his back. I whispered soft things to him to try and calm him.

"Breathe with me, Big Man. Ready. 1, 2, 3. Hold. 1,2,3. Out." I told him as he breathed with me. After a couple of times of breathing, he was back to regular breathing.

I pulled him back slightly to look at him. His teary eyes looked up at me, looking for comfort and safety. Then, another bang went off. Tubbo squealed and wrapped his arms around me, putting his head in my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and shushed him softly.

Then, it all contacted in my head.

The fireworks.

With Tubbo still in my arms, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it and dialed Wilbur. The phone rang twice before he picked up.

"Tommy, where are you?" He said, a careless tone in his voice.

"Wilbur, you need to stop the fireworks. Now. Do it now." I said, quickly.

"What?" He said.

"Fireworks off now." I said, then hung up.

I put my attention back on Tubbo, "You're okay buddy. I got you."

"Tommy..." He whimpered.

"I got you, Big Man. You're safe. Wilbur is gonna turn them off." I spoke softly to him.

I looked around the room, looking for something to distract him from the colorful noise. I couldn't find anything so I decided to talk to him.

"Hey Tubbo, what was that program you were telling me about earlier today?" I asked.

"P-program?" He said, voice breaking with each syllable.

"Yea, remember? The cool one with the different features and shit." 

"Oh, yea. I remember. Um-" A hiccup cut him off. "That program is really cool. You should try it sometime, Toms. I think you'll like it." He spoke, gaining confidence in his voice as he went on.

"You think?" I said.

"Yea, you would." He snuggled closer to me.

The doors to the White House opened and in came Wilbur. His face was covered in grim and he smelled like smoke. I hope he didn't trigger Tubbo again.

"Tommy, what-" I cut him off by placing a finger to my lips. Then pointed at Tubbo.

"Tommy," He spoke softer. "What happened?"

"He had a panic attack when they started to go off. It took him a while to ground him." Wilbur nodded, coming closer to me and Tubbo.

"Hey, Tubbo. It's Wilbur. Are you okay?" Wilbur spoke, his voice laced with gentleness. Tubbo lifted his head from my chest, his eyes blinked couple of times, getting used to the environment.

"Hey Wilbur." He said.

Wilbur reached his hand out to touch Tubbo's head, but Tubbo flinched away as Wilbur might hurt him. Wilbur froze and pulled his hand back down to his side.

"It's not your fault. He's just a bit sensitive." I spoke, trying to reassure him.

"It's fine, Tommy. I get it." He said, a smile formed on his face.

With that, Wilbur turned on his heel and left the building. I sighed, thankful that was over. I turned back to Tubbo, who had laid his head back on my chest. I placed a kiss on the top of his hair.

"Thank you." A soft mumble had spoken.

"Hm. No problem Big Man."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*Yes, this will have a part two. It was way too long to keep adding to this.

Hello my loves! How we feeling?

I hope you all are staying safe and warm. Thanksgiving is this week (if you celebrate it) and I'm so excited. I'm thinking of making a dream smp Thanksgiving special were everyone in the smp gets together. Thoughts?

Thank you all for the love!

-Lexi<3