Chapter 9

Knox POV

Dad wake up.   Come on dad wake up. 

Ugh…What is it son.

Ella is awake and is freaking out looking for her mom, where is she.  I can’t find her anywhere.

Come to my room son, Sophia is in here with me.   She freaked in the middle of the night when Ella disappeared to your room, so she is in my bed.

Way to go dad!  You are such a Stud…So do I have a mom now?

Hush up pup, you are way too young to know about any of that stuff, I am so going to have to have another talk with you and yes Sophia has decided to give us a chance.   So I need your help in convincing them both I am a great catch.

Well then you are so screwed...and please no more talks…

Hey watch your mouth, and I am not screwed…am I?   Well crap, son I really need your help on this one ok?

Sure dad, I was just yanking your chain.   You’re a god catch.   At least that is what the females in the pack say.  So, I will work on Ella and I think once she trusts you, Sophia will too.

You are a genius son!   You get that from me. 

Yeah right.  Ok we are at your door.  Let me tell Ella what is going on and we will be in. 

After a few minutes, the sound of knocking at the door caused Sophia to move in my arms.   Calling in the kids, Ella stopped immediately once her eyes took in our positions.   Noah moved up behind her and placed his arm around her shoulders.

“Hey Dad, Hey Sophia…See silly I told you your mom was fine.   Dad has her all taken care of just like I told you he would.”

Tentatively Ella nodded in agreement.   The voices in the room woke Sophia from her deep sleep.   I would have preferred that she rested more, but Ella seeing that her mom was ok was more important.  

Sophia’s body tensed for a few seconds once before she relaxed back against me.   Her head turned to the side of the bed where the kids were standing, and then back to me, shooting me a Can they look, I nodded in approval.

Patting the bed next to her, she motioned for the kids to climb up in bed.   Before Ella could step back Noah had her up on the bed next to us, climbing in beside her.

My family…this was my family.  It was so wonderful to be laying in the bed listening as Sophia reassured her daughter that everything was fine and that she never had to worry or be scared around Knox or Noah.   It was great to hear my mate comfort her daughter…our daughter…I have a daughter… and she is so amazing.  

Wanting to spend more time together I suggested a picnic for lunch today.   The girls seemed to get so excited.   Noah shot me a grin in approval.

See, I am not screwed…see I still have skills.