Chapter 138: Nerf That F**cker!

Genaco Entertainment

Tokyo, Japan

15th June, 2043.

Kashi drifted off to sleep, utterly oblivious to the madness that gripped the real world due to the previous battle. Although L.N.E still lacked camera-like devices, players could record, store, and upload anything they saw. A thousand eyes had watched and subsequently recorded the daeben's battle against the five leaders. The gamers quickly flooded social media with their videos in a mad dash to grab the most likes while the attention was still hot.

Of all these videos, one particularly stood out.

A user by the name of .Jayps secretly bought out the rights to over two hundred videos from some users. He combined these videos with editing skills that were out of this world, switching up perspective to emphasize particular portions of the battle, and layering the most fitting tracks to produce over an hour's worth of action-packed content.

A day hadn't even passed yet, and already the video had racked up over three million views worldwide, with some labeling the video as "The Second Coming of Razznik."

The viral video drew so much attention that it alerted Genaco Games, the division in Genaco Entertainment in charge of L.N.E and other gaming I.Ps.

Genaco Games was currently on fire, with analysts rushing about studying every aspect of the videos. Simultaneously, operators fielded calls from customers calling in to scream their dissatisfaction at such a crazily strong player, accusing the daeben of everything from hacks and bugs to having someone in the company who was giving him all the strongest equipment. It was a state of emergency reminiscent of the early debut days of the blasted scourge Razznik.

No, this was even worse.

At the very least, Razznik was known as a solo player who only hung out with the Residents and completed missions for them, battling the most formidable monsters and individuals in a mad pursuit for strength.

Although Razznik wiped out a couple dozen guilds who crossed his path, he was never really someone the other users feared would change the in-game political situation. The top guilds were still the top guilds, fighting and balancing each other out for power, while Razznik was a wild card they could hire if they were about to face a terrifying monster.

However, Kashi was an active member of the gaming community, complete with a guild, guild army, influence, and everything. Many players, already dissatisfied with the Maggots rampant monopoly, had been forced to swallow their rage because, although Leila Lightwood seemed ethereal and otherworldly, she did not seem unkillable. Thus they could console themselves that one day, the Maggots would inevitably fall someway, somehow.

But now, what was this?

Kashi's strength left only room for despair. With such power, how could the rest of them even compete!? Especially when he turned into that dragon thing at the end! What was that even? There were no draconian classes available!

Many screamed for nerfs, with some even going as far as to demand a ban or they would boycott the game altogether.

Within a conference room, several employees trembled in their seats, not daring to move a muscle. At the head of the table, forty-five-year-old lead game developer and director of L.N.E Justin Tan rubbed eyes reddened from rage and overuse as he glared at the report before him.

"What the fuck is this garbage!?" Justin roared as he flung the report at the face of a young intern standing next to him. "How the fuck did this happen!?"

"S-sir," the intern stammered, evidently scared by Justin's temper. "B-before today, K-Kashi never showed up on any videos, so we could not monitor him. We have no idea how he got so strong."