Chapter 26

Johnny was shocked. How could a man with so much money and power want more, and used this method to get it. This was just proof that there were indeed many terrible people in this world, people that did dirty things to get to places of power.

"What should we do?" Doyoung asked. "I mean, I already know my father's been training me to take over the company but-"

"Wait, what?" Johnny asked, perking up. "Since when has your father been training you for that?"

"A few days before my brother's body was found." Doyoung admitted.

And for the first time, things began making sense in Johnny's head.

"Doyoung, I'm sorry to say this but I think-"

Johnny was cut off by his phone ringing, shaking the table. He would have immediately hung up if the caller ID didn't show that it was Jaehwa.

"Hello?" Johnny said, picking it up.

"Johnny, I'm with Donghyuck right now." Jaehwa told him. "He found it. We're going to send it to you right now."

Jaehwa hung up the call and seconds later, Johnny recieved a video from Jaehwa.

"Doyoung, come here." Johnny said, motioning to the male to scoot forward. "Watch this with me.

Doyoung seemed confused but soon understood as he caught sight of Johnny's phone screen.

Johnny wasn't surprised to see the sight of Dowon tied to a chair, Yuta and Winwin had both confirmed that they had done that. He was surprised to see Mr. Kim walk in, Dowon's eyes widening.

He couldn't hear the words exchanged, but watched as Dowon began thrashing around. Mr. Kim placed his palm over Dowon's mouth, the male still trying to get away.

They stayed like that for a solid minute until Dowon stopped moving. His body lay limp in the chair and Mr. Kim dusted his hands off on his pants before taking out a knife, cutting Dowon out of the ropes binding him.

Mr. Kim had poisioned Dowon.

"Oh my gosh." Doyoung exclaimed, covering his mouth in shock. "You said my brother was poisioned to death, right?"

Johnny nodded his head and he could tell that Doyoung was having a hard time taking it all in.

"Wait, Johnny. My dad didn't come to work this morning." Doyoung pointed out. "We normally go together as a family but today, he sent my mom and I and he stayed home."

It didn't take long for Johnny to realize what had gone wrong.

"Doyoung, please don't tell me you used your work computer to get these files." Johnny said, motioning to the folder on the table.

"How else was I supposed to get them?" Doyoung asked before he covered his mouth again. "He knows, my father knows that we figured it out."

Johnny didn't even hesistate to get up, quickly dialing Taeil's number.

"Taeil, I'm heading to the Kim mansion, send back up."

...

Jaehwa was speeding on her motorcycle, headed towards the address Mark had sent her.

She and Donghyuck were in utter disbelief when they watched the video of Mr. Kim poisioning his own son. How could someone possibly be that cruel to kill their own son? And then frame Jaehyun!

Jaehwa was glad that they had found the real killer though, meaning that Jaehyun could be freed. But at the same time, they had no idea what Mr. Kim was up to and why he hadn't gone to work today.