𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"Ughh, please Ced. You've read that book like four times already. Can we please go? I'm sure you're ready. I need to get good seats and surely you're needed in the tent by now."

"I just need to check I haven't missed anything."

I hit my head against my books a few times, before looking up at him. "Ced. You're the most talented wizard I know. You'll do great. Plus, we've studied for hours, you know enough about dragons to win this thing and I believe in you."

He smiled, "thanks Y/N. You know, I couldn't have done this without you." he kissed my forehead and gathered up his things. I did the same and as we walked out of the library, he held onto my hand.

"Let's go win this, champ."

•·················•·················•

The arena was beginning to fill up with eager students, awaiting the commencement of the first task. It wasn't meant to start for about another fifteen or so minutes, but I imagined most of them were just thrilled for some more excitement since the whole chamber of secrets fiasco and my Uncle's outbreak. Despite knowing he was going to do well, I was still nervous for Cedric. And then there's Harry. Much younger and frankly not as strong. I mean, he's Harry Potter; I'm sure he'll pull it off. I mean he always does. I tried telling myself that, as I began tapping my foot on the ground of the stand.

"I think you're more nervous for Ced than he is himself." Ava said from beside me.

"It's not just Cedric." I said and stood up, "I'm gonna go and see how they're doing."

I bustled passed the seated students and made my way to the tent, that stood on the far side of the arena. As I stood outside the fabric walls, I peeked my head in slightly, to see four students and their headmaster, pacing back and fourth.

"Ced? You there?" he turned around at the sound of his name and came and approached me by the tent. 

"Y/N? Shouldn't you be in the stands?"

"Technically yes, but I wanted to see how you are doing."

"Nervous." he voice sounded shaky. 

I pushed aside the tent's wall and threw my arms around his shoulders and pulled him in for a hug, "you've got this, Ced." I whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Y/N/N." (your nickname)

"Hey! Who told you that?" I said, slapping his arm as he chuckled.

"Hmm I'm not sure," he started, sarcastically, "but be warned, it's all I'm calling you from now on."

"That's not fair. That's just not fair." I protested. 

"It is if you do the same for me."

"Huh, okay. I'll think about it. But for now, you've got a dragon to face." I winked and turned to Harry, "and Harry, try not to get yourself killed." I smiled, patting him on the back.

"I'll do my best." he said with sass and then threw me a weak smile.

"Good luck boys." I turned on my heels and headed back to my seat

It had been a few minutes, until a loud bang was sounded from the cannon and after an extended moment, a speck of canary emerged from the tent, wand in hand. A large green dragon, perched on a rock in the centre of the arena, guarding the coveted golden egg prize. The arena roared with his approach and the sea of yellow stood up and clapped their champion.

Using his wand, he used a spell and transformed a distant rock into a labrador. The dog began barking and just like we studied, the dragon was easily distracted. This however was partially successful; the dragon took the bait and approached the noisy canine. Cedric then took this opportunity to go for the egg. Using the rocks as ladders, he almost made it to the golden object. Although, halfway through, the dragon turned its attention back to the champion and with one large breath, shot fire in his direction. Cedric yelled in pain and I shut my eyes, praying he was okay. Grasping onto the now bright red side of his face, he leaped for the egg and managed to retrieve it, ending the task, causing the crowd to roar once again.

•·················•·················•

The rest of the four champions too managed to retrieve their egg. Despite me being extremely worried for Cedric's well being and health, after almost being burnt to a crisp in front of my eyes and the rest of the school and staff, I was told I couldn't visit him until the rest of the four finished their part. I was surprised by Harry's victory. Not that I didn't believe he couldn't do it or anything, it's just he and his dragon flew off for half of the time and only Harry returned. Meaning a fourteen year old boy managed to kill off a fully-grown dragon, with just a broom.

Once Harry did in fact return and retrieve his egg, I applauded his victory but soon rushed off to the medical tent, where three of the four students were laying on beds. Cedric was being attended to, but once the nurse left, I hurried over to his bed. His smile reappeared when he saw me.

"You did that."

He laughed, "I know, but I didn't exactly get away with it that easily." he gestured to the burns on his face.

"You still did it. And I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix you with ease. I'm really proud of you Ced."

"You know I wouldn't have known to do that dog trick if it weren't for you, so thank you."

"My pleasure. Now, let's see it." I smiled. He leant down and grabbed the shiny golden egg from beside of his bed and passed it to me, "you did all that, for this? It's probably not even real gold." I scoffed. 

He laughed, "it's a clue for the next task."

"Well should I open it?" I said as he sat up. He looked around the tent and it had turned out, it was now just the two of us and one or two nurses. I assumed the other two champions had been dismissed. 

"Be my guest."

I unlocked the latch at the top and the egg flew open. But to my surprise, a loud screeching noise, pierced our ears. It was horrible. I think I could actually feel my ears bleeding. Hastily, Cedric leant over and closed it shut.

The two of us looked at each other and sighed, laughing, "so much for a clue."

•·················•·················•

imagine changing my cover AGAIN
i get bored easily 

hope u guys like it :)