11 | A Chance

'What do you want?' He said coldly. I felt shivers run down my back. This won't be easy.

'I wanted to talk about what happened yesterday..'
'If it's about that, then forget it.' He replied before making another shot.

'You're really good!' I said out of instinct.
'Hmph.. I know.' He smirked and once again making another shot.
I just stood behind him awkwardly.

'Are you not gonna leave? Go join the others or something.'
I sighed. 'Yoongi.. how can I gain your trust?' I finally let out.
He turned around at looked at me dead in the eyes, eyebrows furrowing.
'Gain my trust?'

'Yh. How can I do that?' After I said that he grinned and turned to face the others, who were still playing video games. 'Come with.' He said and gestured me to follow.

I followed close behind him walking towards a room I haven't been to before.
'Listen carefully.' He said breaking the silence. I nodded letting him know I was listening.

'Take this.' He handed over a shot gun and then walked towards a door that led to the back of the house. After he got out a box and opened it. Inside was money. Lots of money.

'What's all this for?' I asked. 
He then stepped right in front of me.
'Listen, I'm giving you a chance to shoot me, take the money and leave.' He said pointing towards the door and box.

'What do you mean?'
'Shoot me. And escape. I'm giving you the chance.' He replied bluntly whilst looking at the gun in my hand.

'Why would I do that?' I said.
He didn't reply, instead he just waited. He was waiting for me to shoot. He gave me a chance to escape.
I fiddled with the gun in my hands.

'I can't. And I don't want to..' I said whilst my body trembled.
'I won't even call the members to get you after you shoot. So go on.' He said.
This guy's persistent.

I looked at him and back at the gun and I did it again.

I glanced at his face. He raised his hands and smirked.
I dropped the gun. It dropped with a loud clang and Yoongi watched as it fell. 'I'm not going to do it.' I told him.

'Is it because you're scared if the other members find out? I told you they wo-'
'I never would've shot you!' I said cutting his off sentence. He just looked at me with wide eyes.

'I never would've shot you, even if you gave me all the money in the world.. because.. because I told you that I won't hurt any of you, I promised.. I promised you before that I wouldn't. I would never harm my new family. Ever.' I cried.

Yoongi didn't say anything, he picked up the gun and stored it in his holster.
'Hey you.. hey listen Hee-Ra.'
I looked up at him and he told me to follow him.

We walked to the garden and sat on the chairs that were there. 'I'm sorry.' Yoongi said first.
I looked at his face and he had a sincere look in his eyes. 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off like that the other day. I should've trusted you.'

'Yoongi..'

'It's just that.. I'm scared.. not for me.. but for them.
Hoseok nearly died. Right in front of my eyes. Luckily I killed the other guy or else Hoseok..he wouldn't be here.'

I didn't say anything and just listened to him. He was expressing his feelings. The stuff he's been holding in, he's finally able to say and take off his shoulders.

'Every new member.. I couldn't trust them. And I..I..'
'It's okay. You don't need to explain further. Some things are meant to stay.. silenced, right?' I said smiling.
'Yeah.' He said smiling. He had a soft expression.

I never would know how it felt to be him. To be in position where the people you love are murdered in front of your eyes.

As if the something was choking you, blinding you and grasping onto your arms to stop you, as the thing you treasure starts to fade into nothing but memories right in front of your eyes. The loud sounds of the cars passing by or the chattering of strangers stopped. Everything was silent. Except your neglected cries for help. For someone to save you from the living nightmare that slowly approaches you.

I... wouldn't know.