Just a bet - Minho

You and Minho were cuddling on the couch in the living room. You smile as you remember that today, Minho was going to take you to the New Year's fireworks show.

"I'm gonna go take a shower Y/N. After, we can go watch the new year fireworks together like you wanted, okay?" He smiles.

"Yeah, sure!" You exclaim. "Ah, I can't wait to watch the fireworks! I've been waiting all year for this, and now, we can finally go together!"

Minho chuckles at your cuteness and pats your head. "I'm glad too."

After a couple minutes, he leaves to take his shower.

In the meantime, you were scrolling through social media, bored, since Minho was no longer there to keep you company.

You sigh, and all of a sudden you see Minho's phone screen light up.

You didn't think much of it until it continues to light up for the next 5 minutes.

At this point, your curiosity takes over you and you pick up his phone.

His phone screen lights up again and it notifies that his friends were talking in a group chat.

"I should just leave it. It's his privacy anyway." You murmur to yourself and as you were about to put his phone back on the couch, but something stops you.

Minho's phone gets multiple messages in his private chats. Most of them starting with "It's important," or "We need to talk."

You are debating whether or not you should read the messages and finally, you come to the conclusion of reading just one.

After unlocking his phone, you go into messages and click on the first one, being from his group chat.

Bangchan
Minho... How long are you going to keep this going? We know that you actually love Y/N now, but... you need to tell her. It's been a year already. She deserves to know.

Hyunjin
Yeah... Look, if we knew that you were going to like her after a month then, we should never had made that bet... We called it off once you realized your feelings but it still feels wrong without her knowing...

Changbin
You need to tell Y/N. The longer you wait it out, the worser it's going to get. She's going to find out one day.

What? A bet? What are they talking about? Is there something Minho's not telling me? What is going on?

You scroll far, and I mean FAR, back to their old messages and find something that stops your breath.

Hyunjin
Hey Minho! We got a bet for you. 100$ that you can't make that new girl at school fall for you in a month.

You
A month? Please, I can make her fall for me in a week ;)

Bangchan
Don't get too cocky now. She seems like a nerd and is a total introvert. Her name's Lee Y/N and she definitely won't like you.

You
You guys said the same thing about Kim Hanuel and who was able to win the bet in only 2 days? Me, so getting her to like me will be easy.

Changbin
Alright, playboy. Then it's a bet. Get Y/N to like you in a week and we'll each give you $100. If not, then you gotta pay up.

You
Deal. Just watch me.

Tears brim your eyes as the sudden realization hit you.

Minho only dated you because of a bet.

The door to the bathroom opens and your so-called "boyfriend," walks towards you with his eyes closed and his hands behind his head.

His hair is fluffy as he just dried it and he's wearing a black t-shirt and jeans. Casual, yet it looks so good on him.