Chapter 27

"Did you have a good night with Jaehwa?" Johnny asked as Jaehyun sat across from him, in the seat his twin normally sat in.

Mark was quietly working at his desk, but Johnny knew that he was curious to hear what Jaehyun had to say.

"It was good." Jaehyun said before smirking. "But it had me wondering, how many times have you slept with my sister?"

Johnny was taken aback by the question and heard Mark choking on his water before quickly apologizing.

"Just kidding." Jaehyun said, leaning back in the seat with a satified grin. "Just trying to lighten the mood before we get serious."

"Well that's one way to do it." Johnny said, making Jaehyun smile. "Why don't you tell me why you left the Python's Pit with Mr. Kim?"

"To get rid of the body." Jaehyun answered immediately. "I couldn't have a dead body in my home so I made a deal with Mr. Kim. I would help him get rid of the body if he would take it away."

"So that's how your fingerprints got onto Dowon?" Johnny asked. Jaehyun nodded.

"We dumped him in the forest. I was calling Ten to tell him to pick me up when I heard a gunshot and turned around to see that Mr. Kim had shot Dowon in the head." Jaehyun continued.

"I was shocked at first but then I realized that it was smart. There would be smaller investigation if it seemed like Dowon was killed by a gunshot, not that Mr. Kim really needed it, with his connections in the industry." Jaehyun said before sighing.

"It wasn't until I was washing my hands later that night that I had realized my mistake. I didn't wear gloves. And that's when I knew I was screwed."

"You didn't bother trying to get a lawyer, someone to defend you?" Johnny asked.

Jaehyun shoved his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, leaning back so the front two legs of the chair were off the ground.

"I thought you were smart, detective. If the leader of the most dangerous gang in the city and a wealthy businessman with eyes and ears everywhere were up against each other in court, who would win?" Jaehyun asked.

"Fair point." Johnny said as Jaehyun leaned forward, all four legs of his chair on the floor again.

Johnny nodded his head, taking down everything Jaehyun said, which matched up with the evidence he had.

"Well, that's enough for me. Is there anything else you want to say?" Johnny asked.

"Just a request." Jaehyun said.

"Sure, what is it?" Johnny said, looking up at the male.

"When you take my sister out for dinner tonight, ask her to be your girlfriend. And give her this." Jaehyun said, taking out something from his pocket and placing it on his desk. Johnny opened the small box, revealing the object.

It was a gold locket.

"What is that?" Johnny asked, staring at it.

"Jaehwa will know when she sees it." Jaehyun reassured him before getting out of his seat.

"See you around, Johnny."

...

Jaehwa was rarely nervous. She was known for being calm, collected, and strong hearted. But as she stood by the door, wearing the red dress that Jaehyun had selected while waiting for Johnny to pick her up, she felt nervous.

"I don't know what's wrong with you." Jaehyun said, lying on the couch with his feet propped on the arm rest, scrolling through his phone. "It's literally just dinner. You two have spent so much time together, that I didn't expect dinner could make you feel like that."