Damned Unpleasant Children part 2

When they arrived at the school the dance was in full swing. Elena got a lot of looks from the others when she walked in with two gorgeous guys on either side of her. The three of them ignored the looks and walked over to a table at the side of the dancefloor.

Damon offered to get them some punch and Elena smiled gratefully at him. "Thank you, Damon."

"You're welcome." Damon muttered as he walked towards the punch table while Stefan decided to look around to see if he could find anything suspicious.

"Having fun?" Elena smiled at Caroline and Bonnie as they came over to her.

"No, but this took about two hours, so I'm staying for at least, half that time." Caroline laughed.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bonnie asked as she glared at Damon who were talking to Stefan.

"He wanted to come and he is my friend." Elena told her.

"So, what is this, like, a threesome now." Caroline sent a leering smirk Elenas way. "You and the Salvatore brothers? You in the middle of a Salvatore sandwich?"

"Caroline?!" Elena laughed. "It's not like that."

"I really wouldn't blame you if it was." Caroline looked over at Damon and Stefan again. "Those are some really good-looking men, though."

Bonnie sneered at them and kept glaring at Damon and even Stefan, the one who had saved her life several times.

Damon walked up to them with Stefan following him and approached Bonnie. "Hi, Bonnie." Damon smiled charmingly at her. "Wanna dance?"

"I'm out of here." Bonnie sniffed and glared at him.

"Please give me another chance?" Damon pleaded softly.

"Back off." Bonnie stormed off.

"What did you do?" Stefan chuckled at his brother.

"Nothing! I was perfectly polite." Damon defended himself, then he turned to Elena with a smile and held out his hand towards her. "Elena, would you like to dance?"

"I would love to." Elena smiled back and took his hand.

Elena heard Stefan ask Caroline for a dance as Damon led her out to the dancefloor with a smile. He twirled her around and pulled her close to him. Elena laughed quietly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and his hands on her hips as they started to sway to the music.

"Shouldn't you guys be able to sense each other or something?" Elena asked after they had danced for a while.

"Doesn't really work like that." Damon shrugged. "See him anywhere?"

"Not unless he has a pompadour." Elena giggled softly.

"Yeah that was not one of the better fashion trends." Damon chuckled.

"Please tell me you have pictures?" Elena pleaded with a laugh.

"Of Stefan? Absolutely." Damon smirked. "Of me? Nope, those are burned and buried."

"So, what was the fifties like?" Elena asked. "Because in my mind I have this picture that is a mix of 'American Bandstand' and 'Grease'. It's all varsity sweaters and milkshakes."

"Well there was that and, you know, McCarthyism and segregation and nuclear arms race." Damon hummed.

"That's depressing." Elena murmured the she got a glint in her eyes. "Please tell me there was poodle skirts at least?"

"There were poodle skirts." Damon smirked and spun Elena around before he pulled her back in again.

"You are so teaching me to do the hand jive." Elena informed him with a bright smile.