A strange reset.

A/N:This story will start from The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug and end on The Lord Of the Ring:The Return of the King,hence the title.

The war for Middle-Earth will start soon.Sauron,the one that sees all,sacrifice almost all his power so he can use an ancient magic to summon a being of pure evil,a being filled with pure hate.Hate for humanity. Meanwhile in a random part of the world....

The sky turned dark,the sound of the forest ceased to be.It's as if one of Sauron's undead king himself have arrived.But no,it was something much worse...

"Hmm? This doesn't feel like Mt.Ebott." a voice sounded.It was Chara's.She have stolen Frisk soul, but instead of deleting this world,she decided to reset.Back to before she died.Back to the time where there were only her,mom,dad,and Asriel.She won't repeat the same mistake this time.She will enjoy her life. Oh yes she will.

But first Chara needs to know where she is.The surrounding looks like a forest.A very ugly forest,still,teeming with life it seems.Chara can sense it.Their soul.She can still load to.
But the reset button is nowhere to be seen.Her storage menu and level seems okay.

'Might as well kill something.I haven't eaten for a few hundred years.' Chara got up and closed her eyes.'There!' she turned her head sharply into one direction. There in her view is.A spider.A rather big one actually.The spider is watching the being in front of it with keen eyes.Hell,8 eyes to be exact.It's instinct tell it that this is not a creature it should mess with.But Chara already noticed it.It was too late."Knife to meet you."

Was the last thing it saw and hear

Was the last thing it saw and hear. Chara stood there,before a dead corpse. "Well not really,you bring back unpleasant memories." She thought deeply about spiders for a while,before sensing she is being watched. Chara laughed. How naive they were. They thought they can hide from her. Chara's arm started to stretch, into a black long tentacle.

She thrusted her arms towards a tree. It hit something invincible,Chara then slammed the thing she hit into the ground. "Guhag!" a rather short looking human suddenly appeared from thin air between the ground and her distorted arm.

Chara's eyes widen. "HUMAN!" She yelled,angered. This human looked ugly. But a human is still a human. If anyone know best about how sinister a human can be,it's her. Her other arm transformed into a blade covered with black goo.

"Die."

A few minutes earlier....

Bilbo,the short human,which is actually a hobbit,a half-ling, is searching for a certain group of dwarves after being attacked by a swarm of spiders. Big ones. He noticed a lone spider patrolling around. He have his precious ring on,so that the spider that have stopped for some reason can't detect him. He noticed the spider is distracted by something. Bilbo was just about to leap at it when suddenly a figure appeared out of nowhere,slicing the spider in half. He noticed it was holding a glowing....knife? Bilbo is standing beside a tree,examining the figure closely. For some reason,the dark forest of Mirkwood feels even darker...yet darker...

This cause Bilbo to have a hard time recognizing the figure who seemed to feel his presence. It turned it's head towards Bilbo and let out a laugh. 'What in the name of shire is th-" Bilbo's thought were interrupted when he was slammed into the ground by something so fast he can't react. Due to the impact,his ring slipped out of his fingers,undoing his invisibility. Stunned by the sudden attack,Bilbo slowly opened his eyes,and what stood before him is...a monster.

It yelled "Human!" angrily before raising it's other arm

It yelled "Human!" angrily before raising it's other arm.But just when it's about to swing it down.Bilbo stopped it,by repeating "I'm not human!I'm not human!" Bilbo grasp that it had a hatred for humanity. And he was right.The 'monster' that was actually Chara stopped.

"I'm...I'm..a hobbit!" Bilbo carried on with his words.

"You sure looked like one!" Chara yelled. Her 'blade' hand is on Bilbo's neck. Her face getting worse by the minute. Bilbo explained about his race and quest to Chara who Bilbo dubbed as intelligent. She let go of Bilbo because of his blabbering.

After he finished,Chara was silent. "So..this is not earth?" Chara spoke. "Where is this earth that you're saying? I don't go out much so I only know of place near the Shire." Bilbo's word only confirmed Chara's fear. She is not on the earth that she knew. She was silent for a while. Looking at Bilbo's attire,she doubt this world even have cellphones.

"Umm....If you don't have anywhere to go you can come with me." the little man suggested. "Fine." Chara agreed. She don't have anything else to do after all. They wandered around Mirkwood looking for Bilbo's companion. "They should be around here...strange." Bilbo was bewildered. "Are they..Human?" Chara asked,curious."No..their dwarves." Bilbo answered, nervously.

"I'm Bilbo by the way,
Bilbo Baggins,at your service." Bilbo introduced himself to Chara.

While Chara only grunted and say
"Chara,Chara Dreemur." "Well that is a nice name,your parents sounds lovely." Bilbo tried to start a conversation,but.....

"They was." Chara added.