17

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 17. The New Deal

     At Mystic Grill, Damon and Elena were standing near the dartboard when they turned to see Klaus and Annikah standing before them

  "Don't mind us," Klaus spoke up, causing Elena and Damon to stare at them with wide eyes.

   "Klaus. Annikah," Elena said quietly and Damon protectively stood in front of her.

     "The two of you are going to do this at the Grill, in front of everyone?" Damon asked them in a low tone and Annikah merely smirked, "It's a little beneath you, don't you guys think?"

Annikah slightly laughed at the younger vampire, raising her arms in mock surrender. "Don't be silly, Damon. We don't know what you're talking about. Nik and I just came down to our local pub to have a drink with a mate." She explained as she and Klaus turned to face one of their hybrids.

"Get a round then, would you, Tony?" Klaus told his hybrid and Annikah found herself smirking at Elena's reaction.

"I'm surprised you two stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon commented as he glared at them with an angry look.

    "My sister seems to be missing. We need to sort that out."  Klaus replied to him in a calm tone, smiling slightly.

     "Cute, blonde bombshell? Almost as psycho as Annikah? Shouldn't be too hard to find." Damon told Klaus and Annikah rolled her eyes at what he had said about her.

Klaus took a few steps closer to the duo while Annikah stood in place. "Truth is, we've grown to rather like your little town. I'm thinking we might fancy a home here," Klaus admitted as he quickly snatched the dart from his hand before he walked closer to the dartboard, "I imagine you're wondering how does this affect you. And the answer is, not in the slightest. As long as we get what we want and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose," Klaus explained before slowly turned to look at Elena, "You have our word."

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asked them with a horrified look on her face.

Annikah sighed dramatically as she walked over to her brother, "Funny you should ask that, Elena. You can start by telling us where we could find Stefan," She suggested, smirking as she took a daring step toward Elena.

Damon made his way over and protectively stood in front of Elena, blocking Annikah's path, "Stefan skipped tone the second he saved Klaus' ass." He snapped at her with an attitude.

"Well, you see, that is a shame," Klaus replied as he turned to the dartboard once more and shot of the darts, "Your brother stole from us. Annikah and I need him found so we can take back what's ours."

"That sounds like an Klaus, Annikah, and Stefan problem," Elena retorted and Annikah smiled, immediately toward Elena in a threatening manner.

However, before she could do so, Damon ended up stepping in front of her a second time. Annikah turned to Damon in amusement before she and Klaus began to laugh at his actions.