Chapter 38

Chapter 38

    "Ryder!" I yelled after he had climbed down from the ring. The crowd had blocked me out from him and I had to push and elbow a lot of people, but I finally got to him in the hallway.

    "Ryder." I said again, panting. I slowly walked to him and stopped in front of his body.

    Without any warning, I strung my arms around him and pulled him in for a bear hug. He was sweaty and reeked of salt and body odor, but I didn't care.

    "Ruby." He said into my hair. My stomach fluttered with so many emotions for him. "Oh God, Ruby, I missed you." He said again into my neck.

    I felt a tear in the corner of my eye and wiped it away. When I leaned back to look at him, his eyes were a little red.

    "Why'd you do it?" I asked softly.

   He stroked my cheek. "I thought that if I could win a fight for you, you'd truly know how much you mean to me. I won because I was doing it for something...someone. And when I thought about doing this for you...winning this for you, I did. Because you were there, Ruby. You're here."

    I wasn't scared to cry now. Letting the tear roll down my cheek, I buried my face in his chest again and smiled until my face hurt.

   "I'm so sorry." I cried into his shirt. "I'm sorry I yelled at you and accused you for something you did before you kissed me. I'm sorry, Ryder."

   I felt his hand underneath my chin and I looked up at him. "Don't apologize. You didn't know, I can't blame you for that."

    I sighed and closed my eyes, letting the warmth of his hand calm over me like a wave.

    "Ryder! Nice job out there! I-" Feliciano's excited voice was cut off by Ryder glaring at him to go away.

    Giggling, I turned back to a frowning Felix and smiled guiltily.

    "Sorry, Felix." I said as sweet as sugar.

    He sighed and left, but not before winking at Ryder and wiggling his eyebrows. Looking up, I saw his face flush and I chuckled again.

    "Come on," I said, taking his hand in mine, "let's go home."

●●●

    This is an 'awhhhhh' moment.

    I loved writing this, it made me feel happy and 'lovey-dovey,' as Feliciano calls it.

    And if you all didn't already know, this book is now published on Barnes and Noble NOOK, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Lulu, and Kobo bookstores FOR FREE! So you can read it anywhere, anytime if you don't have Wattpad on certain devices. :)

    Well, not much to say, so I hope you all have a fantastic day, much love,

                -Anne :)