Chapter eighteen: yellow

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow"
-song: Yellow by Coldplay
___________________________________

OPHELIA WAS ACTUALLY HAVING a good day. One where she didn't have to fake a smile or laugh, one where she didn't care what people think, it was also her favorite day of the week, Saturday. Well this was all despite the fact that the clouds were grey, the late October air gave a cool breeze, and the rain that hit the windows didn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

But it was ok, because Ophelia felt ok. She was free all day. She didn't have Dumbledore's Army to worry about or any homework to stress over.

She smiled as she walked out of the Hufflepuff common room. She wore a light pastel yellow oversized sweatshirt with her favorite pair of light blue baggy jeans. Her white shoes hitting the ground of the corridor as she walked down the empty hallway. She lightly hummed a muggle song while smiling.

"Merlin why are you such a good mood on a shitty day?"

She lazily turned around, knowing too well whose voice it belonged to. She sighed, yet kept the grin she held on her face "It's only a shitty day because that's what you think," he watched as her eyes shined a bright blue "I personally think that this is fine day."

"Are you high or something?" Draco said with laugh, though he stepped closer to her with a somewhat worried face.

"Just high on happiness." She bit the inside of her cheek and nodded her head to the side "Wanna go on a walk?"

He shrugged and breathed through his nose "Sure." He muttered while rubbing the back of his neck.

The pair walked through the empty halls, making simple conversation. Most people were in there common rooms, since there wasn't much to do on the rainy day. Draco kept on looking over at Ophelia and could tell she was truly happy in the moment, which made his heart flutter. He laughed as she told a random story, using over the top expressions and hands motions. Draco wonder why he felt so strongly about the brunette, and how it came on so fast. Sure they have known each other since year one but Draco wasn't all that nice to her. He remembered the first day they met he immediately called her and her family blood traitors and an embarrassment to the wizardry world, he cringed at the memory.

He was thankful that she hadn't brought it up, the comment was childish and made by 11 year old Draco, he's changed. She could tell and he somewhat felt like he has. Sure he's still an asshole but it's gotten a bit better. He can't help it though, it's just who he is and how he was raised.

He thought about how he practically tried to ignore her in years 2 through 4 just because of her loud personality. He wished they had became friends sooner. He felt like she was one of the only people who actually understands him.

"And now he hates me!" She huffed out a dramatic sigh while pushing up her glasses.

"Well it would make sense, you practically blew up half of the classroom" He kept his gaze on her.

She rolled her eyes "Hint the word practically, but it's ok because the feeling is mutual," she scrunched up her face "I've never liked Snape all that much."

He just hummed in response. He was about to turn the corner when he noticed she had stopped walking. "What?" He asked the girl as she stood in front of the large arch in the corridor wall, looking at the rain fall in the courtyard.

She stayed silent for a moment, watching the water hit the grass carefully.

He knotted his eyebrows together as she wore a silly grin.

"Wanna dance?" Ophelia asked the boy next to her while walking out of the open corridor. As soon as she stepped outside rain drops began falling on her head. She looked up at the cloudy sky and smiled.

"Are you serious? It's raining." Draco stared at the girl.

"Yes I'm serious." She laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him outside with her into the pouring rain.

"You're crazy." Malfoy said looking at her with a smile tugging at his lips.

She laughed and pulled him further out so they were in the middle of the courtyard. Her face burned with red as he unexpectedly grabbed her other hand letting out a wide smile.

He lifted up his right hand and spun her around making the pair laugh. They began dancing, taking turns spinning each other around, moving to the nonexistent song playing, both with huge smiles. They continued to laugh but it wasn't like anything was funny, they just were happy.

Butterflies were flying around in both of their stomachs as swayed back and forth, letting the rain pour down on them. Malfoy look down at Woodlock and chuckled as he saw the lens of her glasses were covered in rain drops.

He chewed on his bottom lip as he spun her around once more, but something in him changed. It was like he couldn't help himself, the confidence ran through his body as he gazed over her.

He didn't even realize what he had done next.

He collided their lips together, taking Ophelia off guard. She froze for a moment before kissing him back. An electric spark ran down both of their bodies.

He dropped both of her hands and placed one around her waist pulling her closer. He pulled away for a moment, reaching his free hand to her face and took off her rain dropped covered glasses, and connected their lips once again. Her hands rested on his chest, while he put both of his hands around her waist.

After a while they pulled away, both of their lips were swollen, and their faces flustered. They looked at each other in the eyes and lightly laughed.

Not sure what to say or what to do next, Draco removed his grip from her waist and grabbed her hand, pulling her inside.

He cleared his throat, took her glasses that he still had and wiped the water on them on his shirt. "Here," he handed them to her. He couldn't stop smiling.

She bit her cheek and took them "Thank you." She mumbled, her heart was beating incredibly fast.

"I like you," he blurted out with wide eyes, making her look up "Like a lot." He felt a dark blush come onto his neck.

She took a deep breath, she had been waiting for this moment for a while "Good because I like you too."

-

"No way," Macy looked at Ophelia in disbelief "So are you guys like dating now?" She sat down on the edge of her bed.

Ophelia shrugged "We didn't really talk about that part. But that doesn't matter." She smiled as she remembered the past event from early. "I'm going to bed."

Ophelia still couldn't believe what had happened. She was so happy, truly happy. Something she hadn't felt in a while.

~
ahhhhhhh i cant tell if them finally getting together was rushed, but i need to keep the story going bc I've had so many ideas for the next chapters. I feel like Draco is a bit soft in this but dont worry it wont stay this way for the whole story. Let me know what you thought about this chapter!