eighteen.

after a long weekend of thinking over what had happened with taehyun, sora was finally back at school. it was already lunch, and with no appetite, she found herself wandering the halls.

she had tried talking to taehyun, but it seemed as though he was somewhat avoiding her. she let out a sigh, most likely her 100th one that day, as she entered her homeroom.

walking up to her desk, a small note sat at the corner of it. raising an eyebrow, she picked it up, reading the scribbled writing.

meet me in the courtyard.
- kai

feeling her heart begin to beat out of excitement, sora only stared at the messy words. blinking, she slowly turned, allowing her feet to take her towards the school's courtyard.

it didn't take her long to get there due to the reluctant giddiness that made her feet move even faster. pushing open the door, sora looked around the empty area.

scratching her head, she looked at the note again, "he said to meet here though..?"

"kai~"

hearing that dreaded giggle, sora felt her blood run cold. walking a few steps forward, she peered around the corner, only to see what she had feared the most.

yuna smiled up at kai, who only stared back at her with a blank expression.

"kai, i.. i like you!"

he didn't say anything, and instead brought his gaze to the ground.

stepping closer, she stood on her tip-toes, bringing her lips towards his cheek.

feeling her stomach rise to her throat, sora immediately turned away, her vision beginning to blur. stumbling towards the door, she pushed it open, then managing to just barely make it into the bathroom down the hall. once inside, she couldn't contain the bloody petals that clawed their way up her throat.

she gasped for breath as the petals just kept coming. her eyes burned with tears from the utter pain she felt, both inside and out.

why do i have to like him?

"sora?" a few students entered the bathroom, after hearing the commotion from outside.

why?

"somebody get help!"

why do i have to go through so much pain?

her body finally giving out, sora collapsed to the ground, though the petals continued to fall from her mouth.

why me? what did i do?

her eyes slowly closed, one last tear falling off her cheek and onto the floor, into the pile of petals and blood beneath her.

what did i do to deserve this?