twenty-five.

"there's sora."

"wow, so i guess she really did go through with it."

"i heard she got the surgery."

sora knew comments like these would pop up once she made her return to school; however, she was able to prepare herself for them, and now they didn't have the same affect on her. closing the door of her locker, she turned around to walk to her first class. yet after only taking a few steps, she stopped again.

there, in front of her, was none other than shin yuna.

yuna looked down at sora, her hands folded in front of her, "hi.. can we talk?"

sora nodded, looking around, "just say what you need to here."

the taller of the two averted her eyes to the floor, "i'm.. i'm sorry."

"you are?"

yuna nodded, "there's no excuse for the way i acted or treated you these past few months." swallowing the lump in her throat, yuna continued talking with her eyes on the ground. she was too ashamed to meet sora's gaze. "i let my jealousy get too out of hand. i shouldn't have let a boy ruin our friendship."

"wrong." sora shook her head. slowly looking up, yuna stared at sora, who stared back, though her gaze didn't look the friendliest. "you ruined our friendship, yuna. this isn't something that you can shift the blame onto someone else." yuna looked back down as tears began to well in her eyes. "but, i can't say that some of it wasn't my fault. while feelings aren't something you can often control, i should've been more careful."

yuna kept her eyes down, even more ashamed that sora seemed like the bigger person though she wasn't the one apologizing.

"i think it's best if you and i spend some time apart." yuna could only nod and accept her request. it was the very least she could do after putting her through such a traumatizing situation. "but.. i forgive you, yuna. i can't forget, though."

with nothing else to say, sora brushed past her to go to their first period. yuna watched as she walked away, a tear slowly dropping down her cheek. the class they normally went together to, they would now be going alone. she knew it was her fault. who else's could it be? it still hurt, though. it hurt more than anything.

-