2 ~ Diagon Alley

NOTE: The ages of some characters will be adjusted in this Fanfiction. An example is the age of the Black cousins, along with the Prewetts and Weasleys.
•••
The next morning you groggily got out of bed. Normally, you would sleep in for a few hours, but today you were genuinely excited. Diagon Alley was a place you had never been.

While you were getting dressed, you realized just how terrifying that was.

You tugged down your shirt. The reason you were dreading Hogwarts, why you had been since Selena was accepted three years ago, was because it only meant you would be around more people like her and her mother. More pure bloods who were better than you because they were true wizards.

You grabbed a skirt and slipped into it. Was Diagon Alley like that, too? Jasmine had told you before that there were few places in the world that weren't infested with muggles. Her school, Beauxbatons. The other wizarding schools like Ilvermorny in America and Durmstrang in Russia - at least she speculated it was in Russia, since no one except those who went knew the exact location. Then there were smaller places like Hogsmeade, which was entirely of wizard kind, and Diagon Alley, too.

Flopping onto your canopy bed that you had torn the curtains from, you tugged on some tall socks. Adrenaline flooded you. Would the wizards outside of your house treat you like the ones inside? No. Jasmine had hidden the fact you were a half-blood(along with your existence, to her best attempts), for years. You could keep it a secret too.

You grabbed your favorite pair of shoes. With the idea you could hide your bloodline, you grew excited. Could you make friends? You had always wanted to, but you weren't around many people your age. Those who you were around were the ones who came to parties with their families, and you had never actually met any of them, only seen their names on RSVPs.

But there were others! You had been accepted to Hogwarts, maybe there were muggle borns! You were fascinated with muggle life - it always seemed to have a simple appeal.

You checked your room before grabbing your bag full of galleons. No blue and bronze. You had ensured that. Over the years, you had grown rather tired of it. Anything to uphold the family name, as Jasmine said. You never understood that. She wasn't blood. You didn't fully comprehend why she bothered with telling people she married Phobus (L/n), until you were around her enough. Five years old, maybe six, your young mind understood.

You were descended of Rowena Ravenclaw, and marrying Phobus had put her and her daughter on the family tree.

The floo powder next to your fireplace taunted you. There were fires in near every bedroom, since it was modeled after old times. That made it both incredibly convenient, as you could easily leave, but always hinted in your mind that that was a terrible security risk.

You scooped up the glittering green dust and watched it fall through your fingers.

Be brave, you reminded yourself. It can't be that bad.

Steeling yourself you said the words and dropped the powder.

Lime flames licked at your skin. Your vision was engulfed. You had travelled this way the few times you went outside the grounds. As the fire simmered to embers, you found yourself standing in a different fire place.

Early morning light grayed the alley. There were few fireplaces outside, all entries to the alley that were lighting with fires that disappeared with the arrival of new people. Witches and wizards brisked about in their robes, families clung together in the crowded narrow street, teenagers in jeans and band shirts chattered in packs. Loud. Busy. A good place to get lost, and here you were alone.

You kind of loved it.

You hurried out of the fireplace, knowing someone else would be coming through soon. Sure enough, a man in an emerald green robe came billowing out after you. He made a beeline for a store near the end of the alley(where you knew the brick wall led to a secret passage from the Leaky Cauldron, a pub in London that made a sneaky entry to the storefront). The sign above him read "Flourish and Blotts." A bookstore!