Chapter Seventeen: Notes

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter Seventeen:

Notes

-...-

“H-hey! ”

Seto felt someone pushing him gently.

“S-Seto! W-Wake up!”

Seto sat up from where he slept, blinking a few times and seeing Ian standing in front of him. Ian pulled Seto up, and Seto shook his head, waking up a bit more.

“W-Whoa, what's the matter?” He asked.

“Dude!” Ian gasped, letting go of Seto. “Sky and Mitch are missing!”

Seto's eyes widen and he turned to see Bodil, Tyler, and Ty.

“I woke up and they were gone!” Bodil reported.

Seto looked around the room, and of course there was no sight of Sky or Mitch. His heart, yet again, went from zero to sixty and he tried to figure out what to do.

“O-okay! W-Well then.” Seto glanced at the four in front of him. “We have to go f-find them!”

“We've got to hurry!” Ty frowned, walking over to the weapons pile and picking up the crow bar. He turned back to everyone else. “Hurry up!”

Bodil and Ian took a weapon from the pile, Tyler having his journal in hand and Seto following behind. They left the safe room, reaching the hallway of the second floor, and then realized they had no clue where in the mansion the missing two could be.

“Oh god.” Seto looked from the stairs leading up to the stairs leading down. “Which way?”

“They aren’t in room 209 or 203.” Said Ty, who had checked with Ian.

“Well we can't split up!” Bodil said.

Seto had to make a decision.

“I say downstairs!” Tyler said, and it seemed Tyler made up Seto's mind for him.

“Alright! Downstairs!” Seto said, and the five went down to the first floor.

The moment they reached the first floor, Seto felt a feeling that told him that they had chosen wrong. But that feeling was quickly put to sleep when the strong stench of blood yet again invaded their noses. It came from the middle hallway, and without hesitation, the five ran down it. The smell got stronger and stronger, covering the smell from the room Sky had found. The five found their way into the green room, only to find Sky and Mitch.

Two bodies, both laying at opposite sides of the room, surrounded by blood on the walls and on the floor. There was an even mixture of Oni blood splattered around the room as well, and their swords lay in the mess, no where close to their owners. Both were slumped against the wall, and there were no signs of life. A seven was drawn beside Sky's head on the wall, and an eight was drawn beside Mitch's shoulder on the wall.