What Do We Do

-Haneul POV-

It was the third day of drama club this year and we were beginning to practice our roles with the class. Mrs. Kwan gave us actors all of last class to memorize our lines and the stagehands took the time to list all the props and costumes, etc. they will need to prepare. The whole class was working hard.

In fact, we were working so hard that we had zoomed through nearly all the acts. I finished my act with Chaeyoung, the senior from last week, who turned out to be much nicer than Sujin. I left to see if Seokjin was ready to practice our final scene together. He was still practicing an act with another student, Mee. I sat down nearby to watch them.

Wow, he's really good. And good looking. But you didn't hear that from me.

They finished and I snapped my fingers repeatedly as to applaud them. Mee bowed shyly and left to take a break. I gestured for Jin to come help me get up. He pulled me up with way too much force because in a second I went flying towards him.

We were so close to each other and for a second I stared at his lip. Jesus, were they always this plump and gorgeous? Probably, we're not normally this close to each other's faces. It felt like at any second he would pull me in and we'd make out like in one of those movies.

I held tightly onto the sides of his loose t-shirt to prevent myself from falling. Seokjin had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling our bodies very close to each other. Is this what it feels like to be the main character in a romantic book? I snapped out of it and pushed him away from me.

"I'm a skinny legend. Don't need to be so harsh with me, Jinnie."

"Sorry, didn't mean to pull you so hard."

I flipped through my lines once more to make sure this was truly my last act. It was the ending scene, the approval of our marriage. I was dreading this act since it meant I had to kiss Seokjin and I really did not want to. Even during that small moment just now, I did not want to. Not like this. Believe it or not, I hadn't had my first kiss yet and I definitely did not want it to be this way. It felt fake and without meaning if it was nothing but an act.

I was never really bothered by who it was, but the how. It was the how that worried me. I wanted to remember it forever, even if it was a gross, awful kiss. I wanted to keep that memory with me 'till the day I died. This moment didn't feel special enough. It needed a memorable little something. Still, I went on with what had to be done.

After about 10 minutes of trying and trying to kiss, many other students had formed a small circle around us. Every now and then they'd give some advice but I refused to let anything work. Even if I allowed this to happen, Jin didn't seem very comfortable with the idea of kissing just like that, either. Especially not now that we had an audience.

It must've been absolutely dreadful to watch our awkwardness because eventually someone asked Mrs. Kwan to come help the situation. After explaining to her what the issue was, she asked to see our act so far. We acted it out for her to best of our ability. Once we were done she finally spoke.

"You two need a connection. Romance, chemistry. It just looks like two close friends talking."

"That's kinda what we are."

"No. Not Hermia and Lysander. They were very much in love. So much that they were willing to elope, leave everything behind just to be together. I want to see that coming from you two by next week."

"What do we do?"

She turned to me with a smile on her face, "Spend plenty time together. Alone."