Chapter 26

Fire Lord Zuko shouted as his body shuddered from being electrocuted.

The current halted and the man breathed heavily, feeling the sting of the electricity creep over his skin.

His hair stuck up from the static.

He closed his eyes tight.

"Come on old man," A familiar voice said. "You stopped the Hundred Year War, but you can't stand a little lightning?"

Zuko looked up, seeing a shadowed figure standing in front of him.

"Too bad you're alone," He said.

"I'm...not...alone," Zuko breathed out. "I have...my...grandson."

"Do you?" The figure stepped forward, revealing Iroh himself, "Grandfather."

Zuko's eyes widened.

In one swift move, Iroh shocked his grandfather again.

Zuko threw his head back, his screams echoing off the walls.

Iroh's eyes snapped open and he gasped, "Grandfather!"

He yelped, falling over the edge of his bunk and landing on the floor with a hard thud.

Iroh sat up, glancing at Cho. He was both confused and relieved that his friend was still asleep.

He stood up, brushing off his clothes.

He sighed and walked out of the room. He needed air, he usually only had nightmares when his room was muggy.

Iroh headed above deck.

He glanced at Commander Bumi's cabin, seeing a faint glow in the window. He smiled faintly, knowing that glow was from a candle, meaning his parents were together.

His mother loved candles. Whenever they were together, no matter the situation, Izumi had a candle lit.

Despite the preteen in him being disgusted because he knew what they must be doing, another part of him was happy that they had time with each other.

Iroh looked across the deck, seeing Chi standing at the wall.

She had her hair down, Iroh never realized she had curls.

He walked to her, placing himself next to her.

Chi didn't look at him.

"Couldn't sleep?" Iroh asked her.

"I can't sleep when it's as hot as it is down there," She said quietly.

Iroh nodded, "I'm the same way."

They stood silently for a moment.

"You're very blue," Chi said.

Iroh frowned, looking at his hands than his body, "What are you--"

"I meant you aura," She said. "You've been blue for a long time."

"I guess I'm just cold?" Iroh shrugged.

He didn't know much about Aura's except that his mother's Aunt Ty Lee and his Aunt Kya could see them.

"No, a blue aura means fear," She said. "You've been blue for a long time, and it seems to have just intensed since your family came."

"Well, in truth," Iroh muttered. "I don't want them here. If we go to save my grandfather, I don't doubt they'll try to help. They've been in captivity for over a month, I don't want to take any chances on my family."

"You're afraid of them helping?"

"I'm afraid of them getting hurt," He sighed. "Kitty always jumps into fights, I'm surprised she didn't attack any of the guards we saw."