6

ZAYYAN HUSSAIN MALIK'S POV:

Keeping my prayer mat aside, I glanced at the clock to see it's now thirty past twelve.
I am so exhausted from all the meetings I had to attend today, all I need now is just to sleep.

Making my bed, I was about to laid down when I heard a knock on my door.
Who is it now? I swear if it's Aameen I am gonna stab him to death.

Opening the door, I was about to brust out in anger, when my little sisters tear stained face came to my sight,
I looked at her completely nonplussed.
Tears filled her already swollen eyes as she hugged my legs.

Kneeling down I cupped her cheeks, weeping her tears, before I questioned softly " what happened love? Bad dream?" She looked at me nodding.
How can I be so stupid man, I should have know it might be daniya too.
It's not the first time that she is here, she comes to me when she gets a bad dream.

I kissed her forehead, as I was about to speak when Aameen came rushing to me " Bhai Dani where?..." Before he could complete he saw daniya, taking a deep breath in he also kneeled down and kissed her forehead.

"Bad dream?" He questioned for she nodded and hugged two of us.
"I went to check on her to know she was not in her room" said Aameen.

Making her laid down she spoke" I don't want to sleep" I turned to Aameen who gave me a knowing look before he spoke "no playing games dani, you have a class to attend this morning, therefore if Mom comes to know she'll kill both of us" I chuckled to which Dani glared.

" Mom won't come to know Aameen, therefore I'll wake her up to school"
I said to which dani smiled "says the one who himself gets up at ten" Aameen mumbled to himself " i heard that Aameen" I glared at him to which he smiled.

" You both stop and let's play games" demanded Dani, to which we both agreed.

...................

After playing games she fell asleep but I couldn't.
Aameen got up yawing as he spoke" bhai I am gonna get some sleep as it's already two now, and you dream about that girl" he said winking " are you mad, which girl are you talking about?" I acted innocent,. " aww zayyan Hussain Malik is now acting innocent ha?" He smirked
" Will you stop it and get out of my room?" I questioned not interested " so you just agreed to the point that you're acting innocent ha, however goodnight Bhai" he winked before leaving .

I tossed and turned but couldn't find the right position to sleep.
The only thing kept me awake was madiya, is she okay? What might be she doing now? Of course she might be sleeping right.

What's wrong with me now a days? Why am I acting weird? Why do I make excuses just to talk to her? Why was I so worried seeing her in pain this morning?
How am I going to describe this new building feeling that's increasing day by day? Clearing these thoughts I drifted off to sleep.

..........................

Making my way towards the class, I glanced at everyone greeting.
Where is madiya? she is no where to be seen, how can I question?
I looked at Sarah who was smirking,
" Did everyone come?" I questioned to know where madiya is,

Before I could ask, Sarah interrupted,
" Sir don't worry, madiya is on her way"
She informed smiling widely at me,
The whole class was looking at each other confused, what the hell? She should sit with Aameen, because even he is interested in teasing and irritating everyone.

"Sir even Aiyana, my friend didn't come" said the girl who is sitting in the last banch opening her text book,
I glanced at Sarah who chuckled softly.

"Excuse me can I?" I turned my attention to the source of voice that I know very well, before she could complete her sentence, I spoke smiling widely at her" come in" I glanced at her banded forehead.
Hope she is taking her medicine.

Taking a look at her attire she was wearing a maroon color maxi with the cream hijab covering her hair.
She looks exquisite in this attire,
Taking a deep breath in I began the class.

...........

As the class got ended I made my way towards the library where she is,
I hope Sarah is not there otherwise she won't stop smirking at me.

Making my way to the entrance, I glanced at the few girl's who were reading, seeing me they smiled.

I spotted madiya standing near the glass window holding a book in her hand,
She was so engrossed in reading that she didn't notice me standing right infront of her, I cleared my throat to gain her attention as she glanced up to look at me.
Her eyes widen for the second before she smiled, " how is your hea?" Before I could complete she beat me to it " I am totally fine , and also taking my medicine on time, so don't worry it's just a slight cut nothing else" she said all in one breath, I looked at her eyes widened,
She looked down slightly abashed.
I laughed at her expression before speaking" it's okay, by the way why were you late to the class?" I questioned " I missed my bus therefore Sarah lied to me that your not attending the class today, so I thought to join the next class"
She said softly, what the hell?

"However I should leave now, have meetings to attend. " She nodded, making my way out I glanced at her one last time, and moved to the exist.

..............

"Sir Mr James called, he said he want to speak to you" said Anna for which I nodded.
Taking the call I heard him chuckle " what do you want Bradyen? Come straight to the point" I questioned not interested" oh Mr zayyan Hussain Malik is impatient ha? Don't worry I won't waste your time, just called you to inform that take my case back"
I laughed out loud knowing that he called me to tell this " Mr bradyen fucking James is calling me to inform that I should take his case back ha?
What made you think I would do that ?" I questioned anger taking the best of me.

" You're playing the dangerous game Malik, and you don't know what can I do"
With that he disconnected the call.

Taking a deep breath in to calm myself I made my way out of the office.

..............

Opening the door of my room I saw Dani sitting and busy picking her nails.

" Dani it's a bad manner to pick your nails" I said sitting near her, she glanced up at me with sad look on her face" what Happened Dani? Did Mom scold you?" I questioned, she shook her head " no, I miss Diya, she had promised me that she'll come to visit, but she didn't" she said tears threatening to fall out.

" don't cry She'll come to visit you my love" I consoled her to which she shook her head " you're just saying it to make me smile" she said " no my love I am not saying it to make you smile, she'll come, therefore I am hurt that you didn't miss me" I said to divert her mind " no I missed you too" she said genuinely.

" So then let's spend some time, I'll take you to the park what's say?" I questioned
And she smiled widely getting up.

.............
As we both were playing hide and seek,
Dani bumped at someone, she was about to fall when the girl took hold of her, glancing up I spotted madiya and Sarah standing and holding each other's hand.

They both smiled looking at Dani,
I made my way towards them greeting" hii" they smiled, Sarah was continuously smirking at me.

" I missed you so much Diya, why didn't you come to visit me?" Questioned Dani,
Madiya kneeled down kissing her forehead " I am sorry and I missed you too" said madiya and took hold of her hand.

I sat on the near by bench staring at them play, madiya was tickling Dani to which she was laughing,
For a seconds our eyes met and she blushed turning away.

..............

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

PLEASE DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

Yours SHAMNA BINT ASHRAF ❤️