CHAPTER ELEVEN

Olivia had woken up early the next day on a mission

Olivia had woken up early the next day on a mission. It was Sunday, and Charlie surprisingly had the day off.

He was looking at the burnt pan on eggs in disappointment when Olivia came marching down the stairs, back to her emotional less expression.

"I'm going out." Olivia says as she shrugs on her coat.

"Where? It's Sunday." Charlie looks at her suspiciously.

"Yeah." Olivia nods her head looking at him like he was crazy. "I know it's Sunday."

"You usually stay in bed until at least eleven." Charlie points out.

"Well I'm going to see Paul." Olivia shrugs, Charlie's face visibly relaxes as he becomes hopeful. He thought that maybe Paul could help her get back to her old self but he didn't know they had already talked.

"Oh." He says surprised. "Great... do you need a ride or something?"

Olivia ponders for a moment before reluctantly nodding her head. "I heard from Jake that he hangs out with Sam now, so I need to go there."

Charlie nods his head and grabs his keys heading out of the house. The ride was silent, neither of them knowing how to return back to anything of the semblance that would be their old normal conversation.

Olivia let's out a loud sigh of relief once they arrive to their destination. The awkward atmosphere was suffocating. She mumbles a quick 'thanks' and gets out of the car.

Walking up to the smaller sized red house she knocks on the door.

Sam Uley opens the door and looks surprised at the sight of the older Swan. "Olivia?" He murmurs in question.

"I was told Paul is here a lot." She suddenly becomes shy at the bigger mans intense stare.

"He's not here." Sam coldly says, he didn't want to be mean to the girl. He admired her, after Billy had explained a few things and how much different the girl used to be mixed with Paul's memories while he was shifted he adored the girl that was Olivia Swan. He actually thinks that in different circumstances they could've been friends.

"Oh- um." She whispers. "I didn't think this far ahead." Olivia turns to see the police cruiser gone and she lowly sighs. "Well I'll see you around." She sends him a small shy smile before turning around and beginning to walk away.

"Olivia wait." Sam grunts out, turning around in curiosity she waits for him to continue. "It's a long wet walk back. I'll drive you, I'll just grab my stuff."

Olivia nods with a shrug and watches the man close the door to enter back into the house.

Paul sits at the table with his head in his hands looking stressed.

"She's fine Paul." Sam assures him as he slides on his boots.

"How am I supposed to never talk to her again? Something is just nagging at me Sam, I feel like I need to be near her." Paul admits.

"You should talk to the elders if you're that serious about it." Sam advises as he throws on his coat. "I'll be back in a bit, don't forget to go on patrol."

Paul nods his head and sighs defeatedly as he watches his alpha walk out of the door with confident strides.

"Ready?" Sam questions the girl.

Olivia nods awkwardly. "Thank you... for the ride."

"You know I'm pretty sure I was told you didn't inherit the awkward anti-social trait like Bella and your father did." He comments as they sit in the car in silence.

"Things change." She bluntly states. Sam is taken back by how fast she could go from awkward and shy to confident and cold. But he doesn't say anything.

As they pull up to the Swan residence Sam bids her a goodbye and she just simply nods her head in reply.

As soon as Sams car speeds away another car speeds up to the house and the figure driving is quick to exit the vehicle and and stride towards her in worry.

"Olivia I was so worried." Jaspers eyes are wide and black as he scans her for injuries. "You could've gotten hurt." He scolds her like a child.

Rolling her eyes Olivia brushes past him. "I was just on the reservation."

"That was my point." Jasper whispers to himself knowing she couldn't hear.

He walks up the porch steps with a small smile after finally having calmed down. "How would you like to come with my family and I to play baseball tomorrow night?"

"You guys play baseball? That's a joke right?" Olivia questions in genuine confusion.

"No it's not a joke. There's a thunderstorm coming and it'll be the perfect time." He tries to explain with out giving the surprise away.

"Why do you need a thunderstorm?" She questions.

"You'll see. Patience darling." He says once he notices her rolling her eyes.

"I don't like surprises." She says.

"I'll add it to the list of the few things I know about you." He teases.

"Hey!" She gently shoves his shoulder with a small chuckle, obviously he didn't move from his place where he stood.

"Anyways, will you come? Bella is coming." He encourages her with his charming smile and hopeful eyes.

"I guess." She shrugs but was secretly excited. Her and Phil were never close but on occasion when they were younger and went with Renee to his baseball games she was interested. She wondered what it looked like when vampires played baseball. Probably very hard to keep up with as a human with very human eyes.

Grabbing her hand he kisses her palm, she tenses but relaxes after a few more seconds. "I'll pick you up tomorrow afternoon then darling."

The door suddenly open and a glaring Charlie comes out. "Jasper." He stiffly nods his head in greeting.

"Charlie, it's nice to see you again." Jasper politely replies.

"Yeah, yeah." He waves him off and turns towards Olivia who was watching the interaction with amusement. "Bella made some stake for dinner, she worked really hard so please try to eat." Charlie please her.

Olivia nods her head and waves at Jasper before walking into the house and taking a deep breath. She was excited about the game tomorrow.

What could go wrong?