Dix-Neuf

I changed the colour of my hair and caught the first flight out of Paris. It took almost the duration of the night to get back to the city and by then my eyes were struggling to stay focused on the road.

From the little that Harry did teach me, I knew that I had to keep moving and thanks to the stash of cash in the glovebox, I was able to do just that.

Along with the money there was also a disposable camera and envelope addressed to me. The mere sight of it sent me into a nervous spin seeing as the last letter I received sort of threw my whole life off track.

However, against my better judgement I still stuffed it into my pack along with the cash and camera and ditched the car a few blocks from the airport. 

Tom will have been scouring city surveillance from the second I slipped through their fingers so I knew I had to be careful. 

By some miracle I managed to get on the flight and land in London without a hitch, not even a single lingering eye caught my attention in the airport.

The conveyer belt towing passengers luggage through the collection point seemed to be moving exceptionally slow today. There are at least two hundred other people waiting around me and the sudden thought spiked my anxiousness. 

I don't actually have a clue who has been on the hunt for me so how am I to know who to be suspicious of.. I guess if Harry were here he'd tell me to be cautious of everyone, however he isn't here and I'm not that kind of person by nature.

I'm a listener, a watcher. I sit and stare at any given opportunity and that is sure to go noticed by the wrong person if I'm not careful.

Finally as if god himself were sending me a gift from above, my luggage starts making its rounds around the belt, the black hiking pack bringing me out of my thoughts and back to present time.

I take half a step forward, my eyes never leaving the bag when suddenly a dainty hand reaches out and snatches it before I can even open my mouth in protest.

Now more than ever I try to channel the inner Harry in me and in a quick change of heart I spin around and speed walk away from the crowd without so much as looking up let alone looking back.

I'm all on my own and I don't know the first thing about self defence so there's no way I could hold my own in a fight of any kind so I won't risk it.

I exit the airport and scout the nearest empty taxi, I raise my hand in acknowledgement and smile when he slowly brings the car forward. He comes to a stop and I pull the door open and slide in without a second thought. 

He takes a few seconds turning the meter on and shifting back into drive. I take a glance out of the window and have to do a double take. 

Walking out of the very doors that I exited not a minute early is none other than Dulcie with my bag and Harry in tow. She's staring at me with a knowing smirk tugging at the corner of her lips.

When I finally catch my breath my eyes shift to Harrys, he's looking at me with a grimace and sad eyes. I don't know why at first but as the taxi driver pulls out of his park and starts on his way out of the airport I finally notice why he looks so guilty. 

He's standing behind Dulcie with his hand on her insanely tiny waist but that's not what really throws me off. What really gets me is the diamond ring glimmering under the sun on her left ring finger.

-

I had no idea where I was going and I only had the money in my pockets to get me kick started. My mind has been rushing with ways to explain what I saw, what he was doing with that woman..