CHP 30

Jimin wakes up the next morning with a hefty ache set off right between his eyebrows. He stirs beneath the blankets and cuddles up closer to Jeongguk's hoodie, bringing the pliant material up to his nose to inhale softly and hum contentedly.

After their small argument yesterday, the blond can recall crying himself to sleep all the while trying to process the fact that Jeongguk is really going to do this. He's really going to put himself in danger so that they can capture Kai.

And speaking of said reckless policeman, Jimin squeaks softly the moment he spots the man sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, head hung back and mouth barely parted so that small snores can slip past his lips. He's still clad in his uniform and the blond supposes that after Jeongguk went to the station to sort out some things, he came back to accompany him while in his slumber.

The blond's lips situate into a prominent pout as he looks down at his blanket covered legs, pulling his sleeves over his hands. It's not his intention to drive Jeongguk up the wall with layered stress but his reactions come from the heart. They're real and show just how much he truly cares.

"Oh, you're up," Jeongguk says as he sits up and rubs at his eyes, voice gruff.

Jimin blinks at him and his pout softens. "Sleeping in that chair couldn't have done you any good," he murmurs in guilt.

Jeongguk slowly stands from the chair and stretches his arms high up into the air. "I got to watch over you, didn't I? Do you want me to cook you up some breakfast, angel?" he questions.

The air in the room shifts once again, along with the emotions stirring up inside of Jimin's chest. He never knew it was possible to feel so many things at once. It's terrifying and especially because he recognizes one seeming to be almost foreign. It's something he told himself he would never do again, no matter how much his body wanted it. It can be beautiful... but to him it's simply scary.

"...I'm not that hungry," the blond mutters and looks back down at the bed.

From his peripheral vision, he can see that Jeongguk is very much approaching him. He peers up and notices that the closer he gets, his speed slows in coordination until he's standing beside him.

Jimin can feel his heart thump in his chest. This is the closest anyone has gotten to him in awhile. His eyes follow Jeongguk's hand as it ever-so-slowly approaches his own. The teacher is hesitant and the way his eyes twitch prove just as much. He stiffens the moment he feels the policeman's fingers brush his own.

He can feel his eyes water over. He tries to blink the tears away as Jeongguk's hand is slowly twisting his over, unveiling the whole of it from beneath the green sleeve. It almost feels like an invasion but the moment the policeman's large hand slips fully over his own, their fingers intertwine.

Jimin releases a well held breath, his shoulders rising and falling as he tries to regulate his oxygen intake. It's almost this feeling of relief, knowing that he can still be touched. Even if the action is small, he's well aware that it's a step toward the right direction. And that's all he can ask for right now.

"Is this okay?" Jeongguk asks him while ghosting his thumb over his knuckles, a look of sincerity in his eyes.

Jimin nods his head because he isn't able to say anything. There's a coherent lump building up in the core of his throat, threatening to erupt were he to say anything. God, he misses this so fucking much. He misses Jeongguk's gentle touch. The warmth of it and the security it gives him when he's feeling particularly low or scared. He almost forgot what it felt like. He couldn't imagine if he did.

"You're doing so well, angel. You're a fighter. You know that, right? You're stronger than all of this," Jeongguk encourages him quietly while still holding onto his hand for dear life.