Chapter 3

I opened the door as quietly as I could. I found Cinderella sweeping the marble floor, her hair a mess yet she still looked gorgeous. As expected of a soon to be princess.

"You're back!" She greeted me with a pleasant smile. "You were gone quite a long time, I should have accompanied you."

"It's alright, I got what I needed and had a lot of fun." I smiled recalling my time wandering around and talking to Chase.

"Huh?" Her pretty face turned into one of confusion but I didn't bother to explain.

"Do you need any help with that?" I asked as I pointed to her broom.

She gasped. "No no! I couldn't possibly trouble you!"

"Nonsense, let me." I held my hand out for the broom and she tentatively placed it there.

I began sweeping as Cinderella became more and more confused. "Are you sure this is alright?" Her bunny-like demeanor shined through.

"It's fine, why should you have to do all the work?" I pointed out.

"Isn't it the kind thing to do?" she asked, making me realize something. Both her real parents died when she was young and nobody has been there to teach her how things could be.

"Ella, please sit down, I want to explain something to you." I pat the marble staircase and gesture for her to sit next to me. "There's a difference between being kind, and being a pushover." I tried to explain carefully. "It's hard to explain but I guess you become a pushover when you start living for others and stop living for yourself."

She tilted her head in confusion making me once again realize something, she is not exactly the smartest person in the world.

I sighed. "Are you happy doing this? Cleaning up after us I mean."

She stared at the shiny floor for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't think so."

I nodded in confirmation. "And you probably don't want to spend the rest of your life doing this, right?"

She once again nodded her head.

"Then just stop, say no for once." I encourage her. "Though, I guess keep in mind when someone has something they can use against you." I warn. "Mother might kick you out if you say no to her." I realized what I was saying was starting to get off track. "What I'm trying to say is that you don't always have to listen to others, obeying does not necessarily mean you are kind."

She just stared at the ground, her eyes reflecting back nothing. I was starting to get worried until she shot up off the stair step. "You're so smart Violet." She giggled and went off to continue her chores.

I continued sweeping the marble floor until I thought that it looked good enough to be Cinderella's work. The sweat on my forehead was starting to run so I wiped it. Even this small bit of work was tiring me out and I worried what would happen if I had to run from palace guards in case I am exiled or sentenced to death. I'll just have to get in better shape. I checked in on Cinderella who had finished up the rest of her chores in the span of time it took me to do only one. The sun was setting but I decided to go for a walk anyway. I took out my notebook and began to write down the basic plot.

1. Cinderella is treated poorly by her stepfamily

2. A fairy godmother helps Cinderella go to the ball

3. Cinderella finds her Prince Charming at a romantic ball (possibly held to find the prince's potential marriage candidate)

4. The evil stepmother and stepsisters are dealt with by the prince either violently or peacefully