CHAPTER 9

(RONIN'S POV)

You lay in your bed mostly motionless except for the occasional twitch or the painful facial expressions that you would make. I could tell that you were distressed and I felt so helpless. My heart hurt at the truth that there was nothing that I could do to ease your pain.

You looked so afraid when I had found you, the more that I thought about it the more that I realized that it wasn't just about the situation that you had been in at that moment, but that it was years of pain and fear that showed in your eyes that moment. I was going to make sure no one ever hurts you again. These thoughts passed through my mind as my eyelids grew heavier and I began to sink halfway onto the bed as I held your small hand in my much larger one. And soon I was asleep, holding your hand. ;)

(Y/N POV)

Your eyelids fluttered open to reveal a certain salt and pepper-haired leafmen, who was in fact holding your hand and sleeping halfway on your bed, heck you were not expecting that! Not that you minded... You lightly dragged your fingers through his short hair, careful to not wake him. He is pretty cute when he sleeps, dang it! Not again! He probably doesn't even like me. But he is holding my hand... Ok, I am just confused now. I am going to enjoy this moment and later I will figure out how he feels.

As if on cue Ronin began to stir awake. You quickly pulled back your hand but kept the other in its place in his.

''You're awake! How are you feeling?'' Ronin asks.

'' I have a bit of a headache. What happened?''

'' There was a boggen attack, I found you in the forest cornered by one, and you had a panic attack, you seemed fine until when we got back and you passed out.''

You nod, the memories of the events returning.

It was silent for a moment.

''Thank you for saving me.'' You say quietly.

'' Of course....and I always will.'' He replied, looking into your eyes as he said each word.

Slight shock showed on your face as he continued.

''I should go now, I have been away from my post and these attacks are getting increasingly more difficult to handle.''

With that, he raised your hand to his lips and gave it a lingering kiss, and then walked out of the room.

You sat there wide-eyed and slack-jawed for a moment before immediately going full fangirl mode. HE JUST KISSED MY HAND OMYYYYYYYYGOSHY! Ok maybe you didn't actually say that but you looked like you would.

And then it dawned on you... how do you respond? There were two options, 1. he could just be being nice because you were friends or....... He liked you. You honestly have no idea what the heck to do.

That and you were scared. The last time you were in a relationship it didn't go well for you. It had started out harmless, charming, romantic even. And then you got hurt, hurt very badly. You still had nightmares and hadn't had a relationship since then. That isn't to say that you didn't try, you went on dates with a couple of other people but either got too scared or you just knew that they were not the one. Getting hurt a second time was not something that you wanted to risk. But Ronin is so nice and you always feel safe around him.

You sighed in exasperation ''I guess I will just hope for the best and play it cool''

(RONIN'S POV)

What am I doing?! She may not even return my feelings. What if I scare her? Man, I am rusty at this. I walked down the hall in befuddlement. Finn came from the other end of the hall.

''Ronin! I was just coming to check on you!..... You ok? You look troubled.''

''Can I ask a favour of you?'' I replied.

He looked at me confused for a moment before giving me a knowing look.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

WORD COUNT:700

Hey peeps. Sorry, I have been gone for so long. School Is insane right now. I missed you all! And apologies for the short one.

Be sure to vote and comment!

I love you 3000.