Chapter 8

"Maahi, are you going somewhere?" Minal asked as she descended downstairs.

"Yes, I have an event to attend, do you need something?" She asked back. "No, I am going to pick up Anayra, and you come home early, don't be late, okay?" She said and went out to her car.

"Anayra, how is your leg now? Is it still hurting?" Ayan asked. "Ayan, keep all the things back to it's place. And how is the project work going on? Is it completed?" Anaya came in, and took a seat next to Anayra.

"Not yet aunty, we have just started." She replied with a smile.

"Okay, Anayra you will be coming here tomorrow also right? Now your mama will be waiting for you, I will drop you home, baby?" Anaya asked, picking up the tray from the table.

"I will go to leave Anayra!" Asad came out of his room.

"Dad!? You will come to drop me home? You can meet my mama and papa, I will show you my room also." Anayra said excitedly.

Asad smiled looking at her, and picked her up in his arms. Ayan came running towards Asad and looked up to him.

"And me? Can I also come with you to drop Anayra?" He asked softly.

"Someone is jealous!" Anayra whispered in Asad's ear, laughing.

"I heard that Anayra, and I am not jealous." Ayan said folding his arms, and stood their frowning.

"But she didn't tell it was you!" Anaya joked, giving a high-fi to Anayra.

"Mama, aap bhi?" Ayan said and turned the other side.

"We were just joking, now come. Anayra and Ayan, we will go out, and have ice cream? Then I will drop Anayra to her house." Asad said smiling.

"Asad wait!" Zehra stopped him. His smile faded away as he heard his mother. Anaya went inside, when she saw Zehra come.

"Mama, can we talk later. I am going out!" He said avoiding eye contact, and started to walk out.

"Asad I just wanted to give these chocolates to Ayan and Anayra." She said. Both of them picked one of them, and mumbled a thank you.

From the time Anayra was here, Asad was happy. He felt some connection with her. Seeing her son smile, because of Anayra, Zehra was happy about it.

She was glad that Anayra made Asad smile. Anayra always reminded him of the person he loved, and missed. It was from this day, that he felt he is getting back everything that he wished he had in these 5 years.

He always wanted a daughter. The one who would fill his life with happiness, the one who would make him smile, everytime he sees her. And Anayra made him feel that. Now he got someone just like her daughter. Everytime she called him, dad, it made him happy.

Minal reached half way through and parked the car at the side, and called Anaya.

"Hello, it's minal speaking, anaya?" She asked as Anaya answered the call.

"Oh, hello, Minal! How are you?" She asked.

"I am fine, actually I wanted you to send the location to your house, I am on my way to pick up Anayra." Minal asked softly.

"Oh sorry, I forgot to inform you. Amaan's brother has gone to drop Anayra. They might have already reached your place." Anaya said.

"There is no one at home, I will go home then, thank you for telling, and I hope Anayra didn't trouble you!" She replied.

"Not at all, she is such a sweet girl! Take care, I will call you up later." She said.

•••

"Anayra there is no one at home?" Asad asked as they rang the bell a couple of times, but no one answered.

"I don't know! Can I call mama from your phone?" She asked.

"Yeah sure!" He said handing over the phone to him.

"Anayra?" Arsal came, and saw three of them standing near the door.

"Arsal Khan?" Asad said shockingly as he saw him there.

"Papa!" Anayra went and hugged her. "How was your first day of school, baby!" Arsal asked picking her up.

"It was good papa!" Anayra replied smiling. "Nice to meet you, come inside." Arsal said Asad as he opened the door.

"Anayra is your daughter? She is such a sweet and well-mannered child." Asad said as he entered inside.

"Yes, thank you! Take a seat, I will call min-" Arsal said, but stopped as Anayra spoke.

"Papa, mama is not in her room!" Anayra said as she searched for Minal.

"Oh, she might have gone out to pick you up, I will inform her that you are back." Arsal said dialling her number.

"I think I should take a leave. I just came to drop Anayra, as you know, the new project is going to begin soon, so there is so much of work to be done. I will leave now, thank you!" Asad said.

"Bye Anayra! Meet you tomorrow at school!" Ayan said, and both of them went out, as Arsal and Anayra bid goodbye to them.

"What happened to your leg? You fell down?" Arsal asked as he noticed the band-aid.

"It's nothing papa, I am fine! Dad said, I am a strong girl, and strong girls don't cry over such small hurts, right?!" Anayra said as she sat on her bed.

Thank you for reading❤️