21|Frigga's Daggers

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I wanted you too see what real courage is,instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand

instead of getting the idea that courage
is a man with a gun in his hand.
It's when you know you're licked before you begin,
but you begin anyway and see it through
no matter what."
~Atticus Finch
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya sat at one of the long tables in the Great Hall. The soft music filled in her ears as the Asgardians danced in harmony, while the lights of the lanterns casted long, dark shadows. She raised her cup of mead to her lips carefully, the idea of having a severe hangover the next morning did not appeal to her.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" The familiar voice of Fandral asked behind her, Freya set down her cup turning to look at him with a fond smile "Of course you may." She took the hand he had extended to her and followed him onto the dance floor.

Their palms met in the middle as they slowly spun in a circle, switching hands a few times. Freya stepped back as Fandral stepped forward, in sync. His hands wrapped around her waist, slowly picking her up from the floor and lifting her before setting her down. He bowed as she curtsied, before they spun their own ways.

Freya joined hands in the same manner with a woman after the partner switch. The woman smiled at Freya "Princess." They switched hands "What is your name?" Freya asked as they spun in a circle "Lagertha, Ivar's Norn bastard." The woman introduced herself. Ivar was a councilman on her father's council, a man who was loved dearly "Call me Freya, there is no need for such formalities."

"I am Groot," Groot muttered irritated  "Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig," Rocket responded annoyed as Nanna smirked a little "We won't even look if it makes you feel better." Nanna pointed between herself and Freya "I am Groot," Groot still responded irritated "Tree, pour what's in the cup out in space, and go in the cup again." Thor looked out of the window.

"The three of you speak Groot?" Rocket asked, unsure how they could "Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective," Thor responded "The three of you did that? How many Groot speakers are there?" Rocket asked "They took it to spend more time together. I can understand and speak all languages." Freya pointed at Nanna and Thor "How does that even work? You got some crazy extra brain? 'Cause I've already destroyed one too many of those in my lifetime." Rocket looked the woman up and down before she tapped her head "Telepath." Rocket's eyes narrowed for a brief second "Show off," He muttered under his breath.

"I am Groot?" Groot asked, bored "You'll know when we're there. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star. It's the birth place of my hammer. It's truly awesome," Thor responded, getting sadder towards the end as Nanna crept closer to Freya "I am starting to think he loves that hammer more than me. I once caught him sleeping with it in his bed," Nanna whispered as Freya glanced at her friend, offering a weak smile.