ten - you

Can anger count as..

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Y/n-san!"

The conflicted emotions that you had felt when you heard your name being called again dissipated when you saw who had called for you.

The voice was high, sweet with a tinge of innocence. The voice reminded you of a certain someone, but somehow the two voices weren't quite the same.

Pink bows adorning long, brown hair were the first things that caught your eye.

"Honda-san!" Although it was meant to be an exclamation, it came out as more of a question.

The sweet girl beamed at you, her smile warm and full of innocence that sparkled in some way. "Konnichiwa, Y/n-san! What are you doing here?"

You scratched the back of your head, slightly confused. Did she not just see me run from the crowd that was forming with him? Did she not follow me from there??

Seeing your puzzled expression, Tohru raised her eyebrows, a concerned look now forming. "Y/n-san, are you alright..?"

You put up a hand defensively, as if trying to make the kind girl back away.

We're alone here.

Your fingers on the other hand used to cover most of your face. You peeked out a little from in between those gaps of your fingers, studying who stood in front of you.

You no longer have to pretend you care for me, you know.

You did not realise you had said the previous sentence out loud until Tohru's sudden yelp brought you back to the present. "Y-Y/n-san! If you don't need me here then I'll j-just g-g-go-"

Dumbfounded by your own stupidity, your eyes met with Tohru's, you being curious of how she would look when 'nervous'. What you saw in those eyes were..

You started to laugh.

"Ha." You paused, relishing in the feeling that had surfaced in you. What was it? You didn't know - you've never felt this feeling before.

You thought looking at her face and finally seeing the darkness that you'd expect from someone like her bring you some twisted satisfaction of sort.

But no.

Once again, you were very, very wrong. Terribly wrong.

You laughed into your palm, wondering how you could be so stupid. "Gomen, Tohru-san.." (a/n: gomen means sorry in japanese!)

In her eyes were the purest forms of sympathy you've ever come across, like tiny jewels that did not seem of value to the normal eye.

Ah, yes, you were different. You saw value in every little thing, like that flo-

OH MY GOD.

Your eyes widened, the relieved feeling from earlier vanishing in an instant.

That flower. The reason you woke up early this morning.

You stared down the empty hallway, the one that coincidentally lead to the small little garden the school owned.

That encounter with him. It made you forget about the poor little flower.

"Tch."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..sadness?

words: 466
published: 28/10/2020