Chapter 70: The Master of the Mansion

Right after hearing the announcement, Sanemi's blade halted only grazing Kazumi's neck. A little blood came out but not enough to soil the garden as her clothes absorbed it. Not that much blood also dripped down the garden from her hand since she stopped it seconds right after letting go of Sanemi's blade.

"Good morning everyone. It's a really nice day today, isn't the sky blue?" Kagaya greeted as he is being assisted by his younger twin daughters.

'Who is he? Is that a scar? No.... is he ill?'
Tanjiro thought looking at the man.

He suddenly then felt himself being pulled away and saw his box being held by Kazumi as Sanemi ended up shoving down nothing but the air. Sanemi glared daggers at her as she kept her smile on her face while the rest just bowed down.

'Kazu-kun's fast, I didn't even have time to react.'
Tanjiro thought amazed at how fast he got pulled out from his position and now a bit away from them.

The box is placed beside Kazumi who is also kneeling down as she pat Tanjiro's head gently motioning it to move down.

"He is the Master, you should bow Tanjiro-kun." Kazumi whispered.

"It's really great to see all of you my children to attend our twice a year Pillar meeting without any change of members. I am glad to have all of you here." Kagaya said.

"I pray for your good health and for you to live long Oyakata-sama." Sanemi greeted back.

'What's with him so suddenly?'

Tanjiro was taken aback from this, seeing the Wind Pillar now sounding so respectful when just a while ago he tried to stab his sister and kill Kazumi.

"Thank you Sanemi." Kagaya replied.

"But will you be so kind to tell us about the case of this slayer carrying a demon with him." Sanemi added.

"Sorry about that. For the cases of both Kamado Tanjiro and his demon sister, Kamado Nezuko. I already accepted them and so, I hope everyone does the same thing." Kagaya stated.

"I am alright with whatever you say Oyakata-sama." Mitsuri answered with a blush.

"I flamboyantly oppose with all due respect Oyakata-sama. I can't accept a corps memeber consorting with a demon." Tengen said looking at Kagaya.

"Whatever, I'm going to forget it anyway." Muichiro muttered out.

"I can't believe it more than anything. I hate demons." Obanai said pointing at the box.

"I respect you from the bottom of my heart Oyakata-sama! But I highly disagree with this with all my strength!" Kyojuro said sounding still as lively as he is.

"Ahh.... even though my Master requests it, I cannot consent." Gyomei said.

"The demon slayer corps kills demons. Please punish both Kamado and Tomioka." Sanemi said still with his menacing aura.

As they gave their own opinions, the others stayed silent, so did Kazumi.

"The letter please." Kagaya said to his daughter to his right.

"Yes." The girl answered.

She then pulled out a letter from her kimono and opened it.

"This is a letter from the former Water Pillar, Urokodaki Sakonji. I will only read a portion of it." She added as she look down at the letter at hand.

".... Please forgive Tanjiro for being with his sister who is a demon. Through strong spiritual strength, Nezuko managed to keep her human side. Even when starving, she refuses to eat humans. She has been this way for more than two years. It is difficult to understand, but this is the truth. If ever Nezuko were to attack someone. Together with Kamado Tanjiro, I, Urokodaki Sakonji, Tomioka Giyu, and Azakura Kazumi will make amends by slicing open our stomachs."