XXXV: Other side of him!

Athena

I walked into my office wearing a bright smile. Having Gabriel around me for two days was entertaining, and we had fun. I didn't expect Christmas to be over so fast, but I really enjoyed my time. I could say the same for Ruby, she couldn't stop smiling since coming back from her date. Danny finally asked her to be his girlfriend. I'm so freaking happy for them.

"Somebody's all smiles." I glanced at Rosa, who was assessing me with a frown.

"I guess I'm in a great mood," I sing sung

"Well, your mood might get spoiled," Rosa shrugged, giving a tight-lipped smile.

"Why?" I asked, going over to my desk placing my tote bag on it.

"Mr Kings arrived this morning," My breath got caught in my throat when I heard his name. I was going to see him almost after a week.

"Oh" I merely hummed

"He's in his cabin,"

I glanced at her, "Thanks for the heads-up Rosa see you during the break"

She smiled nodding and left my cabin. I heaved a sigh and went to the break room to prepare his black coffee. Pouring it into his brown mug, I went to his cabin and knocked on his door, curling my toes I waited for his response like a student waiting to hear their results. "Come in" my heart leapt when I heard his husky voice. Damn, I really need to keep my heart at bay.

Gulping my fear and excitement of seeing him, I slowly opened the door and walked in steadily and placed the coffee on the desk making sure to keep my eyes down all the while and took few steps backs before taking my iPad to read the schedules for today.

His office was strangely silent, Only our breathing could be heard. Feeling curious, I looked up and our eyes instantly met, there goes the monkey dance in my stomach. His caramel hair slightly messy, His stubble was more evident, his eyes held the same piercing intensity as always but it felt as if he was trying to find something.

He was leaning into his swivel chair, the pad of his right thumb grazing over his stubble. Man, how I wish I could do it. No Athena, No! Get your hormones In check!

"Is there anything you need sir?" I asked while keeping a blank face.

He shook his head in a no and continued to stare at me, well this is awkward. Imagine in movies we find two people simply staring at each other not making a move, only silence between them? Cut the crap, Those two are us now.

He's been ignoring me for a week and he's staring at me as if he's seeing me for the first time? What's gotten into him? Did someone hit his head when he left? If yes, then I hope his personality has been altered.

I cleared my throat and read his schedule, If he's got nothing to say then I'll do my job.

"That is it for today. Do you want to make any changes?" I finished reading and glanced at him expectantly. He again shook his head in no. My hands were itching to strangle him right at this moment. This Mr.King is acting weird and it's kind of annoying.

"Then I'll be leaving sir" I gave him a lazy smile and turned on my heels to walk away until his voice called out.

"Who was that guy with you that night?" I could hear the irritation and anger in his voice.