29

Paige.

"Road to 4th year!" Aicko exclaimed.

I gave her a high five. She was right. I entered Eres at my 3rd year of college and the school year's ending meaning, 4th year is just around the corner and when we become 4th years then it'll be a matter of 1 more year till we graduate and start with our careers.

"When we graduate, My parents would immediately make me take a seat in our company." Aicko said. "How bout you?"

I'm in the school's library with Aicko, Shari, and Eloise. They all are on a break with fixing their valentine's fair booths so we all decided to have a chat at the cool airconditioned library.

"For sure, they'd make me take on my duties." Eloise sighed. "And I guess I'll just watch my sister go up the steps and take her place as Queen of France." She sipped on her glass of water

Shari laughed. "My parents will for sure make me the CEO of our company." She placed down her glass. "I mean I've got the company's biggest shares next to my parents."

I just kept quiet, it must be happy to be like them, not afraid about what life holds once they graduate, they've got their whole life planned out, some says that it's a bad thing but I for one would wish my life was planned out than having a life not sure if I'd be a success or not.

I frowned when I realized what I was thinking. No I will be successful. I thought to myself. I'm claiming it.

"How bout you Paige?" They turned to me. "What's your plans after you graduate?"

I suddenly fell silent.

When they noticed my lack of answer Aicko asked again.

"What course do you plan on taking next school year?"

I knew why we were having this conversation, it's because we will soon be moving up to fourth year and when that happens, the royals will be separated from the rich who are aspiring businessmen and all the other college courses. We will all soon be focusing on our main courses and it'll be my choice onto what course would I take. I need to think this through.

"You could go to medicine, law, engineering, architecture." Eloise counted the options on her hand. "It wouldn't really matter what course, they all have it here."

"Or you could take business and be with Shari and I." Aicko suggested. "Most of us in our year batch are taking business. " Aicko turned to Eloise. "Well except for the royals and the other few who have different ambitions."

Eloise sighed. "Next year will be a lot different from this one."

I knew what she meant. This year, I've gotten used to being around both the royals, the rich, and the commoners just like myself. Next year, although I'd still see them at the cafeteria or the school hallways, we wouldn't be taking classes together anymore. Those who wants to be doctors and other courses have their own classes, the businessmen who are majority of my classmates will be together, and the royals will have their own classes.