Joining Forces?

(Y/N) POV:

It had been several days since Overhaul had attacked us, me and Toga we're still pissed off that he murdered Magne like that. Toga especially was depressed and she barely was talking to me ever since that day, I felt bad for her. My eyes flutter open a couple of times as the weight on my chest moves around, I open my eyes fully and see Toga laying on my chest with her head resting near my chin. She was mumbling and tensing which concerns me, I stroke her back in an attempt to wake her up but it doesn't work. I stop and admire her face, her beautiful lips totally relaxed, her eyebrows making her look angry or stressed.

"Don't hurt him...please" She mumbles in her sleep.

I frown and rub her back.

"Toga...Toga wake up" I say with worry in my voice.

She jolts awake on my chest and starts panting.

"Babe are you okay? Were you having a bad dream?" I ask already knowing the answer.

She locks eyes with me for a split second but instantly I notice she has sadness consuming her, her eyes dejected and somber. She gets off my chest and sits on the edge of the bed with her back to me.

"Babe?" I call out.

She turns and smiles weakly at me.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine baby thanks" She says quietly.

I sit up and kneel behind her.

"Don't lie to me Toga" I say lovingly as I press my chest against her back.

She looks at her knees and sighs.

"I think it's just about the other day but..I had a dream" She whispers.

I place my hands on her shoulder and rotate circles into them.

"What happened?" I ask quietly.

She puts her head in her hands and inhales sharply.

"It was about you" She says sounding like she was on the verge of tears.

I instantly jump off the bed and kneel in front of her then grab the back of her hands and pull them away from her face.

"About me?"

"Yeah..."

"Ohh babe...it's okay it's only a dream" I whisper protectively as I stroke her wrists.

She looks at me with teary eyes and a quivering bottom lip.

"I know how hard it is babe...I'm kinda the expert on nightmares" I say trying to lighten the mood.

She shakes her head and locks me in a hug, her arms instantly wrap around my neck and her head rests against mine.

"That beak guy killed you...like how he killed Big Sis Mag" She says holding back tears.

I hug her tightly and rub her back to soothe her.

"If it comes down to us fighting him, I'll make sure he dies so don't worry" I reassure her.

She nods and sniffles after breaking the hug.

"Thank you (Y/N), I should be brave like you though" She says smiling.

"Brave!? You are the bravest person I know, you inspire me to be strong, awesome and most of all brave so don't you dare speak about yourself like that, you're stronger than I'll ever be" I say supportively.

She wipes her eyes and shakes her head with that same smile on her face.

"I'm not going to argue about who is braver with you (Y/N) but thanks" She says happily. "Also, I'm sorry for ignoring you for these past few days."