11

"You know you're making this harder than it has to be, right?" Ethan asked, a faint smirk on his lips as he crossed his arms across his chest.

I gritted my teeth, narrowing my eyes at him. "Move!"

His eyes flashed with amusement, but he didn't budge from where he was blocking the door.

"Ethan," I screeched, and he didn't react. I tried shoving him to the side, but it was useless.

I pulled, I pushed, I hit, I yelled, and I did everything possible to make him move out of the way to let me leave. But it didn't work.

Mia was about to arrive to pick me up for the party, and he wouldn't let me leave. No one else was home, and I had thought I could get away with what I was wearing, until he saw me.

I had been trying to get out the front door for the last fifteen minutes, but he refused to move; ordering me to go change.

As if I was going to listen to him tell me what to wear. Who did he think he was?

Every time I tried to go to another door, or the garage, he'd swiftly move in front of me. So, essentially, I was trapped.

"You done throwing your little tantrum?" He asked, unaffected, and I scowled. His smirk never left his face as he said, "All I'm saying is go change and then I'll let you go, that's it."

"Why can't you mind your own fucking business?" I snapped, and shoved at his chest again. "I'm not changing."

He chuckled, briefly shaking his head. "Then, you're not going."

"Ethan, I swear, get out of my way or I will hurt you."

He didn't take me seriously, and his eyebrows rose in challenge. "Oh yeah? Fine, don't listen to me. I'll just call Elijah or Kaiden. We'll see what they think about what you're wearing, how does that sound?"

My heated glare disappeared and I gaped at him. "Are you kidding me?"

"Wanna find out?"

I bristled, taking a deep breath. "Why do you have to be so annoying?"

"Why the fuck do you have to go out looking like a–" he abruptly cut himself off when he saw the look on my face as I took a step closer to him in warning.

"Looking like...?" I crossed my arms across my chest. "Go ahead, finish your sentence. Looking like a what?" I challenged and his jaw clenched. Luckily, for his sake, he didn't say what I knew he was going to.

Instead, he changed the subject.

"Why the fuck are you even going out after last night?" He asked, but he seemed more curious than concerned. "Shouldn't you be in like bed resting or some shit? Didn't you hit your head?"

I was surprised he even knew that. He hadn't said one word to me last night when Kaiden and I came home. I'd barely even seen him before I passed out, and I figured he'd been gone all night and this morning because this was the first time I'd seen him all day. I didn't know where he went.

He was the one who'd opened the door for us when we got back. It was the first time I'd seen him caught off-guard when he saw me in Kaiden's arms, barely managing to keep myself awake.

I didn't remember if he'd said anything because Caleb was running down the stairs to us and the rest was all jumbled up in my head.

I heard a car pull up on the driveway, and Mia honked. I sighed, briefly closing my eyes as I deflated. "I slept all day, I'll be fine. Just move, please. She's here."