Ch.1 Introduction

~Y/n pov~

One minute I was walking home from college and the next, darkness.

I awoke in an empty room, my body wouldn't move.

Was I that weak? No, I felt the metal of handcuffs cut into my wrists.

"Hello Y/n L/n. Welcome to your first trial." A voice rang out from the speakers.

"You will slowly descend into that tank of water, and the only way to get out is to swim to the bottom and grab the keys. Only one of them unlocks your chains. You have one minute, good luck."

The message ended and it happened exactly as it said.

I couldn't breathe as I was submerged, so I need to get the key on one of my first tries or I'd run out of breath.

My hands fumbled with key after key, but not one of them worked.

I was down to the last few, but I wouldn't have time to try them all, I only had ten seconds left.

Click.

The next key I tried worked, I was so close to the end, regardless, I made it.

As soon as I escaped the room, my feet left the ground and I fainted mid-fall.

~*~

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Something soft was beneath me, I opened my eyes and came face to face with a man who had teal blue hair and was wearing a scarf.

"I think so." I responded.

He jumped back, realising how close he was.

I observed my surroundings, there was a group if people nearby and I had landed on a pile of pillows.

That's kind of convenient.

There was another girl, she was also passed out on the pillows and had ginger hair.

A blonde haired man approached her and awoke her.

Slowly, I rose to my feet, dusting off my clothes.

I joined the circle of people, they all seemed to be just as confused as I was.

The ginger haired girl cupped her hands to her mouth, "Joe!"

"Who are you?" The person in question answered.

A silence followed before Joe spoke again.

"Could you be the Sara who is a terrible swimmer?" Joe teased.

The girl blushed in embarrassment, "J-Joe! Now's not the time for jokes!"

He grinned, "My bad."

"Joe and Sara, huh?" The blonde man asked, "You two are friends ?"

I ignored their meaningless conversation and observed the people here.

There were twelve of us.

Everyone had a metal collar, I reached my hand to my own neck, feeling the coldness of metal hit my skin.

So I was wearing one too? It's probably too dangerous to try and take it off forcefully.

"Everybody listen up."

Everyone's attention focused on the blonde haired man.

"We're probably all thinking the same thing. 'What is this place?' And 'Why were we brought here?' And all you know is who you are." The blonde man had a point, "Why don't we give introductions? That should help ease the suspicion."