Ch. 4 Gonbee

~Y/n pov~

I sat on a barstool, a few others were in the room.

Gin was on the stool beside me, so I decided to strike up a conversation.

"Hey Gin." I smiled.

"Hey big sis Y/n, Woof. How are you?" Gin beamed.

I chuckled, "Other than being in this place, I'd say I'm fine."

Reaching my hand out, I gently rubbed Gin's head.

He leaned into my touch, purring like a cat.

"Ah. Sorry, meow." His cheeks were flushed.

I simply laughed.

It was silent, but it wasn't awkward.

Then, I noticed something glowing , it was some sort of card.

Picking it up, it had the word commoner on it in big text. What does this mean?

No one noticed I had picked it up, so I just shoved it in my pocket and I'd figure out what to do with it later.

~*~

Sara came into the room, dragging a tied up stranger.

It seemed like she hadn't found Nao.

"...Erm. Who is the person tied up there...?" Kai asked curiously.

"Hmph, such an annoying bunch..." The man in question complained.

"Hey, ya woke up." Keiji commented.

The man glared at us, "Remove these ropes. So long as you don't want me to crush you..."

"This guy's... a little riotous. That's troublesome..." Joe chuckled nervously.

"Everyone, we should focus on Nao..." Sara ignored the man she held captive.

"Hm...? You... Eee... EYAAAAAAAAGH!! Why is SHE walking around freely?! Hurry, hurry! Somebody capture her!!" The man is stripes growled.

Sou jumped in, "C...Calm down! Could you start at the beginning?"

"And could you drop that weird tone of yours?" Reko complained.

"If you tell us about yourself and why you are here, we might consider untying you. We know nothing about you or your intentions. It's obvious we can't trust you." I stared him down, waiting for his response.

"Just so it's clear, you and me are equals. Don't think I'll obediently listen to you." He grumbled.

"Just answer our questions and we'll untie you." I sighed.

He opened his mouth about to complain, but when I shot him a glare he stopped immediately.

The others in the room seemed surprised by this side they were seeing of me.

They probably see me as some shy, loner.

Sou and Sara were not shocked as they had seen this distrusting side of me before.

I can be demanding and get my way when it is necessary.

"First, what's your name?" I demanded.

He grumbled under his breath before ultimately deciding to reply, "Go...Gonbee Yamada...just call me Gonbee. And yours?"

"Y/n l/n." I replied shortly.

Q-taro commented on the mans name, " 'Swone old-fashioned name."

"As if yours isn't Cubetaro Hamburger?!"