Ch.6 First main game: Final vote

~Y/n pov~

"Heehee... What do you think of the results? Five will proceed to the final vote."

"Kanna Kizuchi."

Kanna said nothing.

"Kai Satou."

Kai was silent too

"Jou Tazuna."

"Why...?! Why me...?!" Joe panicked.

"Sou Hiyori."

"I see..."

"Sara Chidouin."

Sara was also silent.

"A-Am I... safe...?" Q-taro sighed.

Alice grinned, "Y-You're kidding?! Me too?! Woohoo!!"

"Dumbasses!! It's the next part that's seriously bad!!" Reko scolded them.

"Our votes... will decide our fates." Keiji noted.

"D-Do we... have to choose...?"

"Isn't that what the main game is about?" I asked.

"Huh?" Sara asked.

"Lying and tricking each other until someone gets voted, the job of the sacrifice is to deceive us all so they can live. Trust has no place here." I sighed.

It was silent.

Sara was falling into a state of despair. (Puhuhu)

"Get a grip, Sara!!" Keiji yelled.

Sara was shocked.

"Listen, everybody. We need to narrow it down to just one person. Forget your sympathy and your grudges. Just remember the roles. If we choose the Keymaster or Sacrifice, we all die..." Keiji seemed to be the only one thinking logically.

"Y-Yes, indeed!! We're far from safe at all, absolutely!!" Alice quickly agreed.

"Oh! Hey, is one of us a Sage?!" Reko asked.

Nao smiled, "If we've got a Sage on our side, they'll know who's the Keymaster...!"

"Don't tell me... There isn't, meow...?!" Gin asked nervously.

Q-taro's eyes widened in shock, "This's the worst...!! So it's one of the five??"

"Nothing to be done... There's only one course of action. Have the five prove it with words. ...Isn't that right, Sara?" Keiji turned to Sara.

Why is he putting so much trust into her? It's not logical.

Nevertheless, it seemed to motivate Sara, "Exactly. I'll prove to you who the real Keymaster is!!"

~*~

"Heeheehee... The final 20 minutes... Please use this endlessly short time effectively. I'll be praying... you don't all perish. Aheehee." Miley quietly sat in the chair again.

"Alright, let's not be hasty. Anyone wants to confess their role, go ahead.." Keiji started the discussion.

"I have... nothing to say..."

"K-Kanna..." Nao frowned.

"I have little to say myself. You are free to imagine as you wish."

"Sheesh, okay. I'm the Keymaster. I'm the one who's been saying it from the start." Sou butted in.

"Honestly? This beanie sack of shit can't be trusted! Makes my blood run cold!" Reko growled.

"Hmph... I'll believe in Sou. And whoever tries to protect him is the Sage... That's where we ought to aim." Alice exclaimed.