Ch. 10 Escape

~Y/n pov~

Shin went to the monitor room for the escape plan while Sara gathered everyone.

He grabbed my hand as he left, dragging my with him for whatever reason.

I debated on whether to say anything but ultimately decided not to.

After a few moments, I felt him lace our fingers.

~*~

Shin figured out where the secret room was.

We both climbed up the ladder into a room.

The teal-haired male went straight for a computer set up in the wall and started typing on it.

I walked around the room, picking up various things. Eventually, I got bored of that and settled for sitting beside Shin.

Shin was doing some sort of coding, something that my tiny brain couldn't comprehend. I was never good at coding or computing.

I let out a sigh, curling into Shin's side and resting my head on his shoulder. His body tensed for a moment before relaxing.

No words were exchanged. I closed my eyes, taking refuge in the comfort he provided.

I heard two people come up the ladder. They most likely thought I was asleep but I know Shin knew I was awake.

"Is this the secret room...?" It was Sara.

"Yeah... No doubt about it, it's Gashu's room." I felt Shin's warm breathe hit my ear and I held back a shiver, not wanting Sara and whoever she had with her to realise I was awake.

All conversations with Sara feel like an interrogation.

"I'm using Ranger's chip right now to neutralize the security." Shin added.

"Can you actually do that?"

I felt Shin shuffle, "Yep... This chip's amazing stuff. It's got a lot of important data that could probably be misused. Almost makes me think Ranger was intended to inherit all that data. Was he going to be a successor or something...?"

"A successor..."

"The hacking is still going to take some time. Could you keep an eye out below for anyone coming?" Shin informed them.

The other person finally spoke up, "I'll keep watch, meow! Big sis Sara, you watch the loners, woof!"

I opened my eyes slightly to see the back of Gin's head disappear from view as he went down the ladder.

Sara perched herself in one of the corners of the room.

Closing my eyes again, I inhaled Shin's scent.

After a long while had passed, I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders and warm breathe hit my ear.

"It's done....also I know you're awake." Shin whispered the last part.

"Yeah.." I whispered back, slowly opening my eyes and rubbing them.

Shin kept his arm around my shoulder for a good few moments, leaned his head against my shoulder and sighed.

Then he slowly got up and offered me a hand.

He pulled me up and then led me to the ladder. It seems Sara had already left a few moments prior.