Ch. 11 Main game 2

~Y/n pov~

"It's... starting all over again..." Kanna cried.

"You... What's the transgression Miley mentioned?!" Alice's voice boomed.

Gashu acted clueless, "Transgression? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Understand that if there truly is a transgression, it should become clear in your discussion. Supposing one is discovered, it will be addressed."

Alice growled, "Don't mock us, would you?! You're the one deciding what counts as one, surely?!"

"Maybe we should get Safalin to make sure you don't do anything weird..." I suggested.

"Very well, if that will satisfy you."

"Please... Be our impartial judge." Keiji said to Safalin.

"Now then, let the second Main Game..." Gashu's announced.

~*~

An extremely heavy air dominates the space. Everyone was silent.

Shin was the first to break the silence, "...Keeping quiet's only making time pass, guys. Let's at least decide our fate by our own hand, okay?"

"Aah... sniff..." Kanna whimpered

"It's okay. We've walked this road before, haven't we?" Shin smiled softly at Kanna.

"Then an' now... It's totally different...! / We're allies by now!! We've spent way more time together...!!"    Q-taro exclaimed.

"Then will you die?" Keiji stared at him.

Q-taro fell into a stunned silence.

Keiji continued, "Let's find our resolve. You said that in the first Main Game, right, Q-taro?"

"Everyone, the card designs have been displayed in the rulebook this time. So be aware that you cannot judge using knowledge of the designs as in the first Main Game. Well then. Please spend this cruel and dense time to your heart's content." Gashu quietly sat down in a chair. And... once again... the Main Game began.

~*~

"First, let's discuss to get four candidates. Who should survive, and who can die..." Keiji started the first discussion.

"Hmph... Keiji Shinogi... Are you a fool or what? Have you forgotten that unlike the first Main Game, there have been many card trades? There's no need for worthless suspicion. We can reason out the Sacrifice and Keymaster." Alice huffed.

Keiji sighed, "...If everyone speaks honestly."

"For how much you talk of allies, are you not being rather suspicious...?" Alice remarked.

"At the very least, the Sacrifice can't tell the truth, now can they? So it's fine to start with finding four candidates." Keiji explained.

Shin nodded, "Uh-huh. Because those who aren't candidates can be honest."

"Yep. And also, if we prove what everyone's cards are right now... Voting... is gonna be hell..." Keiji placed his hand on his neck "It'll be pure blame-throwing. "That guy should die," "this guy should die"...  It'll be cruel, and leave no trace of any bonds we've got."

Alice looked away, "I get it. Very well. If it'll protect your pitiful bonds, then I suppose I'll go along with this. And thus, allow me to say... Sou Hiyori!! You are the most suspicious of all!!"

"Huh...?" Shin faked a look of shock.

"Please, wait! Sou has contributed so much to helping us escape!" Kanna cried.