Ch.16 Tag

~Y/n pov~

"Where'd you go, meow?! Seaweed-heeead!!" Gin called out.

"Listen for his footsteps! Then we'll know where he ran to!!" Shin said.

"What is this noise?! It's too loud to make anything out!" Alice yelled.

"A... A book's attacking us?!" Sara exclaimed.

"Argh, geez! And this noisy room too?! What in the world!!" Alice yelled again.

"It's okay... It's just a book. Let's calmly deal with it and chase JoeMama69(;!" Keiji told us.

~*~

"My ears hurt... Gotta find out what's making that noise." Shin whined, covering his ears.

I walked over to the back of the bookcase and pulled out an alarm clock. Bringing my hand up, I threw it violently against the ground, smashing it.

"Problem solved." I beamed.

Shin chuckled, "Thanks N/n."

I felt my cheeks flush at the sudden nickname he gave me.

Everyone sweat-dropped at how I just smashed an alarm clock.

~*~

"Now, we need everyone on this. Let's split up and search." Keiji instructed.

"Hmph...! You can rely on me! I know the mind of an escaped convict...!" Alice smiled.

"Well, if it's to defeat JoeMama69(;... I'll do it." Shin grinned at everyone meekly, not used to working with them all.

Shin grabbed my hand and dragged me to our half of the group, who were leaving.

~*~

The seaweed man we were looking for was hiding in the secret arena.

"JoeMama69(;!" Sara exclaimed, being the first one to see him.

"Ahah! So you came!  Well? Are you done passing around that dirty role of "being it"?"

"That's not it at all!! We're all allies!!" Sara growled.

"Is that sooo! That's perfect in its own way! How beautiful!!" JoeMama69(; beamed.

"Hmph... Your life as a runaway is over..." Alice's voice booms.

"I won't forgive you even if you apologize, meow!" Gin frowned.

"Now this is troubling..."

"You're being disturbingly cocky..."

"No, I really am troubled... Because, look... I don't even have a collar to play tag with."

"Ah... What do we do, meow?! Even if we tag him, there's no point, woof!!"

"What in the world?!"

"Ahaha. I did say you should've given me back my collar, didn't I? What will you do? If you give it back, I'll put it on. But of course, only once you leave here... Slowly..."

Everyone was silent.

"Or else, do you want us to kill each other violently after all? Take your pick... miss Sara." His grin, that was directed at Sara, was full of malice.

Shin, who had been quiet this whole time, finally managed to speak, "Enough of this charade, JoeMama69(;."

His hands were still trembling but not as much as when we first encounter JoeMama69(;.

I smiled softly, grabbing his hand to calm the trembles. He squeezed my hand, looking for comfort.

"What does that mean...? Sou?!" Alice asked Shin.

Everyone still addressed him as Sou even though they knew his real name, it was probably out of habit.

"JoeMama69(; isn't being serious about this stupid game. ...He never once said that if you lose at tag, you die. I'm sure he's just waiting for something to happen."

No one said anything, so Shin continued, "In short, what you've been doing... Is try to destroy us from the inside..."

"From the inside?" Sara asked

Shin chuckled, "It's amazing how ridiculous you can be at a time like this... ...I mean our allies."

I bit my tongue, stopping myself from insulting Sara.

"Surely you don't mean... He intends to have the Dummies do something?!" Alice exclaimed.

"Yeah...I mean...they're just puppets in the end.."

"That's right. Ultimately, they're assassins sent by JoeMama69(;... Maybe they have some kind of mission...?" Keiji agreed.

"Sure, we trusted you earlier but..." Shin trailed off, looking away.

~*~

"You...!"

"I was always thinking of when to do it..."

"Wh... y... would you...?!"

"Heeheehee... I'll tell you. The true objective of us Dummies... To kill our partner before JoeMama69(; dies... That's the only way we can survive..."

~*~

"Have the Dummies been waiting for an opportunity from the start...?" Keiji asked, after seeing the interaction between Q-taro and Mai on the monitor.

"Haha... Such a terrible rule, isn't it...?" Hinako laughed sadly.

We ran as fast as we could. Nearly tripping over ourselves, we headed for the cemetery where Q-taro was. A large knife stabbed into his back. The blood pouring out was burning into my mind.

~*~

"Keiji, watch out!! He's gonna shoot!! Ahaha. Just as good an actor I was then, aren't I?" JoeMama69(; provoked Keiji.

"Haha... Wahahahaha... I see... So that's it......I'll kill you. I... am going to KILL you...!!""

"Well, you seem motivated... Ahaha. How nice hatred is... It lets me satisfy a person 100%..."

"Now you die, JoeMama69(;...!!" Keiji yelled.

"Ahaha! Let us play, on the greatest of stages!!" He laughed.

"W-What is this...?!"

"A graveyard for broken dolls...!!"

~*~

The fight between them was long and we tried to assist the best we could. The dolls refused to help us and wanted to protect JoeMama69(;.

~*~

"The rest is up to you. Answer my request, and save Keiji...? Or stick to your intentions, and kill Keiji...? Choose whichever you like... Sara"

~*~
_____________________________________
892 words

A/n this chapter was a short one...however, this is the end for now. I will be putting this on hold because idk if the next part of the game came out yet or not but I haven't played it and I'm busy watching all these other shows coming out so.