chapter 21

Me and Steve entered the building that Cho was in. She was on the floor and a few people around looked dead.

"Dr Cho!" Steve called when he saw her on the ground.

I turn the air around us into water, just enough to heal her. I put my hands to her wound and start healing.

"He's uploading himself into the body" she says.

"Where?" Steve asks. She shakes her head no.

He gets up to leave but she pulls him back.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, Its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark"

"First we have to find it" Steve says.

"Go. Both of you"

"I'm done healing you anyway. Take some time to rest. That will help the wound" I say.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asks Clint and Nat.

"We did" Clint says.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him" Nat says.

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you two. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got 3 with the Cradle, one with the cab. I could take out the driver" Clint says.

"Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron" Steve says quickly.

Me and Steve climbed on a ledge above the truck so we could jump on it when it was just below us. We see the truck coming our way so we run to the opposite side and jump, both of us landing on the truck. Steve runs to the door and Ultron blasts them open. I run there too and just make it inside. I start fighting the other robots before I take Ultron. Steve pushes the door so we can see him and Ultron just barely blasts the door so Steve jumps up and lands on one of the doors that was on the ground. I keep fighting Ultron and he trying to hurt me but he can't. I'm too fast. He gets frustrated and he pushes Steve off the door and he lands on another car behind us. Steve jumps on a green truck and makes his way to the roof of Ultron's truck. Ultron gets away from me and goes to the roof. I follow and help Steve fight him.

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change. And that terrifies you" Ultron says as he hovers over the truck roof.

"I wouldn't call it a comfort" Steve says and throws his shield at Ultron.

I jump on Ultron's back and punch him in the face several time. I get off and Steve throws his shield at Ultron multiple times and Ultron, yet again, gets frustrated.

"Stop it" Ultron pushes Steve's shield out of his chest and it falls on the road.

Ultron blasts Steve and Steve stumbles backwards and hangs on the edge of the car, his body in front of the drivers seat. I continue to fight Ultron and let me say, I got some really good moves. Ultron tries to blast me but instead, he almost hits the cradle.

"You son of a gun. Don't hit the frickin Cradle you stupid imbecile" I say as I continue to fight him.

After a while, Nat starts speaking from the earpiece.

"I'm always picking up after you boys"

"I know, right" I say back to her and I can almost hear her smile.

Ultron is holding Steve by the neck on the edge of the truck.

"Leave my brother alone you big silver asshole!" I shout at him then punch his head so hard, a sonic wave is created.

He gets weaker but still doesn't let go. Nat give Steve his shield and he gets free of Ultron. I stand next to him in a fighting stance. Steve gets knocked off again but comes back up and helps me fight again. We're fighting him when Clint starts shooting him from the quinjet. Ultron's minions go after the quinjet and me and Steve start fighting again. I'm getting tired but I make it through. There is a train going along side us and Ultron pushes us both into the train, people obviously screaming as we enter.

"I'm going in. Cap, Y/N, can you keep him occupied?" Nat asked.

"What do you think we've been doing?" I ask as I get up and help Steve up as well.

Steve is fighting Ultron while I get everyone out of the train carriage. I come back and feel something fast coming my way. I move to the side and Pietro hits Ultron. Ultron faces Pietro but Wanda uses her powers to block Ultron. He turns to look at Wanda.

"Please, don't do this"

"What choice do we have?" Wanda replies in her thick accent.

Ultron turns to Pietro.

"Pietro, look out!" I say and Pietro moves out of the way, before It's too late. Ultron blasts a hole in the front of the train and flies away.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Thank you"

"Good, be more careful"

"Yes ma'am" I slap him playfully on the shoulder and he gives me a 'sorry not sorry' look. I give him an 'are you serious look' before Steve speaks.

"We lost him! He's headed your way!" Steve tells Nat and runs to the front of the train, checking on the driver.

The train crashes into a sign and continues to move. 

"Cap, you see Nat?" Clint asked.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve said.

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint asks again.

"We'll find her. Just go!" I say and Clint leaves, frustrated with himself.

"Civilians in our path" Steve says to Pietro and he speeds off "Can you stop this thing?" Steve turns to me.

"Not without help. Look Wanda, you need to help me stop this train, if not then... Then... I can't think of anything but you get the idea"

She looks at me then nods. I move forward and turn around so that I'm opposite her. I touch the floor of the train and Wanda uses the red sparkles to stop the train. I scream but keep going. We eventually stop the train and I pant and stay on the ground, too exhausted to move. I get up, just barely, and help people get off the train. I go to Steve and check if he's okay. I then go to Pietro and Wanda.

"You may have helped me stop this train, but that doesn't mean I will forget what you did to me" I say, looking at Wanda.

Her eyes go red then back to their natural colour.

"Your fear is losing your family. Not how you normally would, but, them turning on you" She says then looks down "I'm so sorry for what I did"

"I can't forgive you. Not yet. Are you okay?" I say, turning to Pietro.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute"

"I'm very tempted not to give you one" Steve says, walking to us and looking at my teary eyes.

"The Cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda asks. Steve looks at her. 

"Stark will take care of it" He replies.

"No, he won't" Wanda says, worry in her voice. There was a pause.

"You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy" Steve defends.

"He will do anything to make things right" Steve looks at her intensely then looks away.

"Oh, shit" I mumble to myself.

"Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms"

 "I am" I say then smirk, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda asks. Steve looks back at her and there is another pause.

"Steve?" I call out.