Chapter 13

Zane hurried out from his class the minute the bell rang and went straight to the bathroom. He turned off his hologram which revealed he was a robot and splashed some water on his face hoping his body would react like a human's and wake him up from whatever nightmare he was put in. It didn't work.

"What's going on with me?" Zane worried aloud. "Why do I have this incessant feeling that I'm supposed to be remembering something?"

He heard the bathroom door open and he quickly wiped his face of the water and put on his human hologram so he could blend in.

"I am telling you, Cole, for the last time, I do not have father issues!"

"Jay, calm down."

"Cole! Jay!" Zane said happily. "It is so good to see a familiar face!"

"Nice to see you too, Zane," Cole said.

"I bet you know something weird is going on in this place, don't you?" Jay asked.

"Well, I do feel like I'm forgetting a few things," Zane replied.

Jay gasped. He rubbed his eyes and his ears and looked at Zane with a perplexed expression.

"And you said he was the right person to see," Jay said to Cole with a down expression.

"He still is, Jay," Cole told him, "Jay said Lloyd's been back in school for a while but somehow everyone besides Jay forgot that."

"Lloyd!" Zane gasped. "Wait, who's Lloyd?"

Jay facepalmed.

"He's the guy you brought during the hunt to some secret place for people who were affected by the ALAGG group," Jay explained.

"And how would you know that, exactly?" Cole asked.

"Because we were there, but only because Zane was organizing and we didn't want to join in the hunt for Lloyd."

"We were hunting Lloyd?" Cole asked.

"Why?" Zane asked.

"Because we could finally get back at him for all his father did."

"Isn't it wrong to blame the sins of the father on the child?" Zane asked.

"No," Jay corrected, "Not if it turns out he's a demon just like his father."

"Lloyd is a demon?" Cole asked, "Wow, I did not see that coming."

"You were there, you guys," Jay told them, "Except this time as... ninjas."

Jay whispered the last part in case anyone was in the bathroom stall.

"Remember how Garmadon did another one of his checks?"

"Checks?" Zane asked.

"Oh, you hadn't resumed then, Zane," Jay told him, "Garmadon's check is when he attacks Ninjago but sends about four people from his shark army to the school in search for his son, Lloyd. He did one like two weeks back but he came himself and Lloyd actually showed himself this time. And then we eavesdropped, as the ninjas, into their private conversation and when it ended we went after Lloyd."

"I remember that," Cole said, "But we weren't fighting Lloyd. It was someone but I can't remember who it was."

"Do you remember why we fought?" Jay asked.

"Because he had something of ours, I think?" Cole answered.

"It was Greenie! We were fighting for Greenie!"

"Who's Greenie?" Cole and Zane asked in unison.

~X~x~X~x~X~

Kai and Nya walked into the library hoping to spot Zane. They noticed him walk in with Cole behind listening to music on his headphones and Jay who looked upset.