Chapter 16: Military Talk

Her car dashboard reads 4:00. Callie making her way to the bar that they agreed to meet at. She walks in, noticing him sitting at the bar. A beer already in front of him.

            "Hi."

             "Hey, how are you?" Josh stands, pulling the chair out for her.

            "Thank you," she sits down, looking up at him. "I'm good. You?"

             "You're welcome, and I'm doing well also," he takes the barstool right beside her.

             Callie orders a beer and looks over at Josh.

            "So, how do you like it down here?"

             "I love it," Callie takes a sip.

            "Good. I'm glad."

            "How's the Marines?"

            "It's good. Very different for sure."

             Callie nods her head. "Have you been overseas at all?" Callie asks curiously.

             "Yeah, I've been a few times. So, are you still too busy for a boyfriend or fun in general?"

            Callie chuckles, taking another sip and shaking her head no.

            "Ah, so unavailable as always. Shit, I'm surprised even to be sitting here with you," Josh winks.

             "I'll have you know I've done my fair share of going on dates and dating thank you very much."

            "But clearly nothing has stuck," he says, leaning back in his chair.

            "Yes, clearly nothing has stuck seeing how I'm sitting here with you after all these years."