The Age of Darkness

***Author’s Note***

This chapter has a lot of supernatural things in it. It is a dark chapter, but also a chapter of enlightenment. A lot of secrets are revealed.

***Samuel’s Pov***

I can’t believe that I just let her go. She was begging me to fire her, and I didn’t know if I had the strength to even do that. I couldn’t just make her stay, well I could have, but I didn’t want her to suffer. In order to do as she wished I had to turn off my emotions. I had to become numb to the world. I hate the feeling of not caring, better yet, I hate not feeling at all.  Deep down, I knew that I had hurt her, and I think that is what bothers me the most.

Sarah is unlike most people. Because of her parents, she was protected from the world most of her life. As they hid her away because of their disgust, she didn’t have to experience the evil in this world. Her family may have been complete assholes, but they don’t come close the darkness that is hidden. Her years of mockery from the people she once called family has harden her heart. Sarah has guarded her heart, and now it is difficult for her to let anyone in. She is unaware of this fact.

I can honestly say that the day we first met, I was instantly attracted to her. I’m not in love with her, but I could feel a connection between us. There is just something about her. The moment I saw her I wanted to do everything in my power to make her mine, but that is done and over with now. I could tell that she was nervous. Most of my employees are nervous when they meet me. Which I cannot blame them. It is not only how a carry myself, but it is also what I am. The darkness that lurks inside of me has ran everyone I ever cared for away, including Sarah.

The day she walked into my office she made my life more interesting. Every day it has been the same thing since my “father,” Creon, released me. I hate that man with every fiber of my being. He took my brother and I from our parents as incentives for their debt. Never have I looked upon my own mother and father’s face.  Not once have I felt the love of family.

Maybe that is why I feel so connected to Sarah. Neither has she felt the love of hers. I’m not even sure she truly knows what love is.

Creon was once feared by the Vampiric Society; however, that was nearly 700 years ago. His creator turned him when he was found lying in the woods bleeding to death. He claimed that he had been attacked by wolves while traveling to meet his own father. I’m not sure when exactly he snapped, but when he did he became a dark vampire.

He wanted to be king. He wanted to be worshiped. Creon inflicted fear among the people. He would hire ravenous vampires to attack villages. Once he knew that the villagers were completely stricken with fear, he would offer protection if they dedicated their lives to him. Basically, selling their souls and their rights. If someone made him mad, he would come to collect their debt. At first he would just kill them in silence. As he became darker he converted to public death sentences.

These sentences were brutal. From skinning them alive to draining them of their blood.

He went from village to village, until the Vampiric Society caught wind of what he was doing. The head master confronted Creon himself. According to the society, all un-natural beings and humans are to coexist. Although, the society threatened to ban Creon, he still did not change his ways.

Years passed, and Creon was still slowly building his empire. Then he discovered of a new world that was across the seas. People were leaving Europe in order to create new lives. So, what did he do? He went to this new world that will be known as America. He saw it as his opportunity to leave the Vampiric Society and for them not to learn of his most evil plan.

Many of his followers came along, and once again his so called business was booming. That is when he took my brother and I away from our parents. We are fraternal twins; however, growing up in that kind life made us grow apart.