S E V E N

Mom had work today which lucky for us meant it was just dad taking us to the station and mom wouldn't be crying and making us almost miss the train even though we are right there like always. I grabbed my single trunk that I brought home with me and shoved it in the back of the car, right on top of James's.

After a 20 min car ride we finally pulled up to the station. Dad parked the car, in the actual lines for once. We got out and dad grabbed our trunks out of the back for us.

"Thanks dad." I said as I grabbed it from him. Which he replied to with a big smile.

"You're gonna rock that red hair, James." My dad chuckled.

"You bloody know I am." He smirked then picked up his bag. My dad and I looked at each other and laughed.

We got through the wall and were inside of platform 9 3/4. The three of us began to walk towards the end of the train then we heard those familiar voices we've missed.

"Oi, James, that you?" Remus said.

"Nice hair." Sirius chuckled when we turned around.

"This your doing?" Peter asked me.

I nodded and smiled and met his hand in the air for a high five.

"Unlike you, lot, I can pull it off, I'd like to see you with red hair." James winked.

My dad messed up both of our hair "see you kiddos in no time." He smiled. "Love you guys."

"Bye" "love you dad." We said as he walked away.

"Oh my, Merlin. James, looking fresh." Marlene joked as she caught up to the group.

"Oh-" Lily immersed into laughing.

"Whatever." James rolled his eyes.

I waited there on the platform for my friends while they loaded the train.

Finally just about the conductor was about to shut the doors I see Alyssa and Camilla running towards me.

"Finally!" I laughed as I opened my arms which they both ran into and hugged me back.

"Nice to see you, M." Alyssa said as we stepped onto the train.

"Yeah, two weeks seemed like a lifetime without you." Camilla added.

"Well next time, let your parents know I'd love to come on a vacation with your families, I could do for a break without James." I laughed as I opened the doors to a compartment.

"Noted." Alyssa said writing in air as if she was writing a literal note to remember.

~

After the feast that night we arrived back at Hogwarts I signaled to Regulus to meet me at the spot.

After sneaking away from the rest of my house I made my way to the astronomy tower. It didn't take long for me to get there, given that I practically ran up the stairs. I walked up to the railing and leaned against it while I stared out into the distance waiting for Reg.

About 2 minutes after I got up there I heard the foot step a nearing the top of the stair case, I turned around to face the stairs and soon enough I saw him come into my sight.

He got to the top of the stairs then stopped and looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Reg." I smiled.

"Hey." He let out a soft chuckle as he walked over to me. I opened my arms which he gladly opened his and embraced me in a hug.

We stayed like that for a few moments, it wasn't even awkward, and it's like we've been friends forever. When we pulled away from each other we sat down with our legs hanging over the edge.

"So, how was break?" I asked.

He chuckled "same old, mom yells at Sirius, Sirius yells back, I laugh, mom hits the back of my head. What about you?"

"Well I got to spend a lot of quality time with my parents for once so it was pretty nice."

"And the red hair? Nice one." He laughed.

"Yeah, I have no idea what he has planned for me next. I probably should hide all of my shampoo and conditioner bottles."

We sat there in silence for quite some time. And honestly sometimes just being with each other was enough, it seemed like there wasn't ever much to talk about.

He pointed his finger up to the sky, you see that brightest star in the sky? Right there." He closed on of his eyes to focus more.

"Yeah, it's hard to miss." I said as I looked up at the star.

"That's my brother. Well, obviously not actually him, that's the one he was named after. The brightest star in the sky, it's kinda funny how they named him after the brightest star, because now our parents despise him" he chuckled. "But I think it fits him well, he is indeed, bright." He smiled.

"Awe, Regulus, are you trying to tell me you like your brother." I smiled biting my lip.

He shoved his head into my arm (a/n, you know, that thing timmy always does, the horse thing) "maybe." He said quietly.

He then looked back up at the star, I however stayed staring at him. "It's also ironic how Sirius, the star, is also known as the Dog Star because his Animagi form is a dog."

"What?" I said. He turned his head to look at me.

"What what?" His smile slowly faded as he realized. "Oh my god, they didn't tell you? Did they?"

"They? I knew Remus was a- you know, I'm guessing they did it to keep him company. But- WHY DID NONE OF THEM TELL ME!?"

He pressed his lips together trying not to laugh. "I'm sure they meant to, probably just crossed their mind."

"Crossed their mind. Yeah sure." I rolled my eyes then looked back out into the distance.

~

Later that night I perfectly snuck back into my common room, no one was in the main area so I made my way up to my room with no trouble.

The lights were off and I didn't turn them on cause I didn't want to wake them. I made my way to my bed, guessing where everything way. I thought I was doing good until I tripped over something and made a loud thud. "Oops." I whispered.

"M, that you?" I heard a sleepy voice ask. It was definitely Alyssa's

"Jeez, what time is it?" Camilla asked as she turned on her lamp.

I rubbed my head then stood up. "Uh, 12? I think." I walked to my dresser.

"And what we're you doing out that whole time? Snogging your boyfriend Regulus?" Alyssa smirked.

"No, and he's not my boyfriend." I sighed.

"But you want him to be, don't you?" Camilla added.

"Even if I did. It's none of your business." I sassed back which they both laughed at.

I changed into my new pajamas mom got James and I, they had brooms and snitches on them, and obviously in red. It was kind of not flattering, like at all, but they were super soft.

"Cute PJ's" Alyssa said.

"Shut up." I chuckled as I climbed into my covers.

"Night." Camilla said.

"Night."

"Sleep tight."