Chapter 41

I groan loudly as I slowly start to wake up, feeling like someone was pounding a hammer into my head. I roll over a little trying to get comfortable again but instead of my soft bed, I feel the warmth of another person.

"Ughh."

I open my eyes slowly to see the person I am on top of. "Laurie?"

"Don't yell," the blonde moans like she was in pain.

I slowly get up from what I quickly recognize as the Ravenclaw couch. The sight before me is something I never would have guessed. On the small couch I was just fast asleep on laid Laurie, Luna, Kala, Fleur and one of Fleur's Beauxbatons friends. Scattered around the common room were sleeping Ravenclaw's and Beauxbatons, some even on the stairs unable to make their way up. What the hell had happened?

As I wobble up the stairs stepping over a sleeping Beauxbatons boy and towards my dorm I try to remember yesterday. The task, dragons, the egg...oh Merlin, the egg.

Flashback

"Should we open it!" I call out leaning on Kala for support. Fleur and I both hold the golden eggs in our hands. The students around us who weren't passed out already called out a corus of "Yes!".

At the same time me and the older girl open the golden egg to let out horrible screeches. Groans and yelling fills the room to close the egg and get rid of the horrible noises.

End Flashback

I keep trying to remember as I make my way to my bed and start to strip out of clothes that wreak of Firewhiskey. I try to make out the fuzzy details of yesterday. After the task I had got my scores, and then we came back here to the party that Fred and George help set up...Fred and George. The memories sober me up, and move to change into decent clothes before I go murder the twins.

After a few minutes of fumbling around with my clothes I run- well walk- with my still head pounding. But before I could find the twins I'm interrupted by someone else.

"Eva!" yells a familiar Bulgarian.

"Aghh. Ivan please don't yell." I groan loudly running my temples.

"Oh are you okay?" Worry spreads across his face.

"Yes. I'm sorry for snapping I just had a...long night."

"Don't worry. We did as well, Karkaroff invited the Slytherins to our party and it was...well, a little wild. By the way I never got to say congratulations."

"Thanks Ivan. I couldn't have done it without you. I-" my stomach lurches and I stop talking afraid of what would happen if I kept talking. "I need to go. We should hang out tomorrow." I mumble quickly trying to keep whatever is in my stomach from coming back up.

He nods and walks away and turn back to scouring the halls for the redheaded twins. And it's just my luck they happen to turn the corner.

"Ev! How was the-"

"You arseholes! What did you put in our food?" My anger makes me forget about the uneasiness of my stomach.

The two's smirks grow even wider. "Not the food-"

"-the hot chocolate. How many-"

"-people ended up drinking it?" Fred finishes his twin's sentence.

"Everyone! Where did you get the Firewhiskey? And why us? Almost every Ravenclaw and Beauxbaton is laying drunk on the-"

My stomach had been getting worse and worse as I went on with my rant, but I couldn't hold it in.

"Ughhh!" they chorus as I vomit all over their shoes.

Normally I would be embarrassed that I just threw up my stomach contents on someone's shoes, but seeing as I was mad at the two I wasn't embarrassed at all. After clearing out my stomach I just turned around and walk away, leaving Fred and George with my vomit.

I spend the rest of November with Laurie, Luna, Kala and Ivan. We spend most of our time studying for O.W.L.S, or in Luna and Ivan's case helping the three of us study. I ignore the twins every chance I can, the fact that they just thought it was fine to drug our drinks, still makes me angry.

As we all huddle around a table in the library again, Cedric and Cho come up to us.

"Hey, er Eva..." Cedric looks nervously at Laurie who's focus is completely on staring into Cho's soul. "Just wondering if you figured out the egg?"

"No, sorry Cedric. But we're a bit busy here maybe you two should..." he seems to get the hint that they should leave before Laurie hexes one of them. The couple leave quickly, as Luna tries to unhinge the blonde's hardened grip on her wand.

"What's the story there?" Ivan smiles hesitantly as if wondering whether or not to ask.

"That bloody arsehole Cho stole my boyfriend and then almost drove away two of my best friends." Laurie shouts earning us a glare from Madam Pince.

"Wow...er...that's horrible but don't you mean three? There's Eva, Luna, and Kala..." we all look at each other awkwardly.

"Ivan," I start, trying to figure out a way to explain the chaos of last year, "Cho made Laurie think I was trying to steal Cedric and so Laurie kind of left the group. Then Kala joined and started dating Luna, then well...Laurie came back." The table had mixed reactions. Laurie, didn't hear a word I said, still focused on Cedric and Cho who were still in sight. Ivan looked shocked, and Kala looked like she wants to murder me for saying Laurie's back in the group.

"Black!" We all jump as Professor Moody hobbles over to our table. "Come to my office sometime this week. When your free." He turns and disappears as fast as he appeared.

"I don't like him," Luna sighs breaking the weirdness around us.

"I know. Ever since I became a champion he's been talking to me more like after the first task..."

Flashback

I shut the door to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and sit down in front of Moody.

"Miss Black. I just want to say congratulations on your success in the First Task. I was particularly impressed on your nonverbal spell."

"Thank y-wait what? I didn't do a nonverbal spell."

His eyes bore into mine. "You did, it was one of the shield spells. Now, tell me, everyone knows about your father, but your mother was a muggle I presume. You used her last name in the beginning of the year."

He looks at me as if waiting for me to lie. "Er yes sir she was a muggle. But I used the last name Jackson because I thought my uncle was my real father."

He stands up and walks to a desk in the corner, grabbing a small flask and downing it. As he walked I could swear he muttered "a half-blood". "So tell me about your uncle."

"That's creepy." Ivan and Kala say at the same time as I finish telling the story.

"I know," I sigh, glancing out the library windows. Outside the door I could see Fred casting a spell on something, and I can't help but to feel disappointed as he walks away. So much has happened between us in the last few months, but every time I think we could take a step forward to being more than friends; we end up taking a huge step back.