Chapter 9 Seraphina Suspension

A few days has passed since the Mall incident. Zane was informed about what Zari and Otto learned from the man that was handing out prizes with trackers in them. Otto was able to redirect the tracking location to Wellston to cover his team.

Zane and Zari were in class. They got message from their phone and checked it. They saw that Seraphina asked them to meet her at the front of the gates. The two asked the teacher to go use the restroom which he allowed. Zane and Zari met up with Seraphina and John.

"What's going?" Zane asks.

"I'm suspended for a month." Seraphina replies.

"WHAT?!" Zane and Zari say in unison.

"For what?" Zari asks.

"For getting caught reading Unordinary." Seraphina replies.

"Oh that book? Damn, how'd you get one?" Zari asks.

"Because I gave her my copy. But Elanie told on her." John replies.

"Can't say I'm surprised." Zane says.

"Zane, Zari, I ask that you two look out for John for me." Seraphina says.

John grabs Seraphina shoulders. "Sera! You should've told them the truth. You should've said that it was my copy. I could've taken the blame." John says.

"John. Don't worry. I'll be back. It will be the last time we hear about Unordinary." Seraphina says with a smile.

*HONK HONK*
"My driver is here. Well see you in a month." Seraphina says.

Zari walks to Seraphina and whispers "Better use this time to figure out your feelings for John as well." before backing away.

Seraphina nods and enters the car. The car drives away. Zari, Zane and John walk back to the school. John looks at the school with a gloomy feeling.

"John, use this time wisely. Figure out your feelings for Seraphina. This could be a test for you." Zane says.

"Y-Yeah sure." John replies.

"Also, we liked to speak with you later." Zane says.

"About what?" John asks.

"Your ability and joining us to hunt down EMBER." Zane replies.

John looks surprised. "L-Let me think about it first." John says.

"Alright." Zane says.

"Consider yourself lucky because we want you and Seraphina to join us. Since you two are the strongest here at Wellston. But in order for it to work... You need to tell Seraphina the truth." Zari says while patting John shoulder.

"Okay." John says while thinking about his past.

Meanwhile, Arlo was looking at the three.

"So Arlo." Holden says while walking towards him. "What are we gonna do now that Seraphina is gone?"

"Nothing." Arlo replies.

"What?" Holden says in surprise.

"We'll wait for the school to break him." Arlo states.

"But what about Zane and Zari?" Holden asks.

"They could present a problem. I need them to get away from John for a while." Arlo says with a smirk.

*Later, at the infirmary*
Zane and Zari walk in. They see John injured.

"John?" the two say.

John looks at them. "Oh hey. What are you two doing here?"

"Well we came to ask Doc if he had any spare tubes or other items he doesn't need." Zari says.

"Oh great." Doc mumbles. "I don't have extras today." Doc states.

"Oh okay." Zari responds. "Thanks away."

"So John, who did this to you?" Zane asks.

"Gavin." John replies.

"Stone boy?" Zane says.

"Yeah." John says.

"Well sis, looks like you have someone to practice with." Zane says.

"Good." Zari says.

"I don't need extra work!" Doc yells while his ability activates.

John looks a bit scared. Zane and Zari just look at Doc, unfazed by his nightmare ability.

"Doc, you do know that your ability doesn't scare us right?" Zari says.

"Yeah yeah." Doc says while deactivating his ability.

"Anyways, see you later John. Take care." Zari says.

John nods. The twins exit the infirmary.