~19~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight-" Ultron started, but Bruce knocked him out of sight before he could finish, and the rest of Ultron's robots began a quick retreat. 

"They'll try to leave the city." Thor pointed out, and I nodded in agreement.

"We can't let 'em, not even one." Tony said, putting his helmet back on.

"Rhodey!"

"I'm on it." He responded quickly, and I noticed Vision fly off in Rhodey's direction, probably heading to aid him.

"Oh, no, I didn't say you could leave. War Machine, comin' at you, right- Okay, what?"

"We need to leave, as soon as possible." I got everyone's attention, making Steve nod.

"Yeah, even I can tell the air is getting thin."

It is getting quite thin.

"You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve ordered, but Clint shook his head.

"What about the core?"

"I'll protect it." Wanda spoke up, locking eyes with Clint.

"It's my job."

I guess those two are starting to get along swimmingly, that's nice.

Tony flew off, while Clint and Natasha got in a car, speeding away.

"I need to help Stark." Thor said, pulling me in for a short hug.

"I will see you later, Aurora." He smiled, swinging Mjolnir and flying away before I could get a word in edgewise.

Steve grabbed my hand, turning to look at Wanda and Pietro.

"Will you be okay?" I asked, and Wanda nodded.

"Get the people on the boats." She said to Pietro, and with that, Steve began running, pulling me along.

"We get one shot at this." Tony said, and my heart began racing.

Only one opportunity to get this right.

"What if we can't fix this?" I asked Steve as we ran, making him shake his head.

"We won't."

There is that positive attitude he always has.

I shook my head, ridding myself of any negative thoughts I could have, noticing Clint and Natasha pull up next to us.

"Get in."

Steve grabbed my waist, hoisting me up to the back of the car, jumping in after me, and Clint his the accelerator.

"We don't have a lot of time." He pointed out, and I nodded.

"Tony and Thor are together, Pietro is on lookout, Wanda is with the core, Rhodey and Vision are taking care of escapees." I listed off our companions, and looked over at Natasha.

"Can you take care of Bruce?" I asked, after hearing his loud roar, and she nodded.

"Of course, get your asses on the boats." She ordered, making me giggle and nod.

Clint wandered into the boat, and I opened my mouth to talk to Steve, but Thor landed next to me, so I gave him a smile, gesturing around.

"I think we have everyone safe."

"Not yet, gimme a second!" Clint yelled, running past us and looking around.

I wonder who he saw.