11.

She walked away not having one regret about her tone and the way she stood her ground.

It wasn't like her at all, especially to get that way with Sean, but she couldn't help it.

Julian and Josh walked her out to her car and they all made plans to meet at Jamba Juice instead for some after class smoothies.

Julian: "you sure you're okay to drive kayc?"

Kaycee giggled at how worried they were

Kaycee: "I have episodes like that all the time guys, I'm fine I promise"

Josh: "Sean looks hurt though"

Kaycee: "I know, but I've never seen him kiss her, and especially like that...it just makes me feel weird."

Julian: "we'll talk more over smoothies, come on"

They all drove a few minutes down the road and made their way into the smoothie bar.

Kaycee got her Watermelon Breeze.

Josh got the Caribbean Passion.

And Julian got the Mango-a-go-go.

They sat down at a small circle table in the corner, sipping lightly on their drinks.

Julian: "I hate to bring this up again, but when are you gonna tell him kayc?"

Kaycee: "you think I should?"

Julian: "he's been texting and calling me for weeks asking if I knew about anything going on with you because you weren't acting like 'his kaycee', as he referred to it...so yeah I do"

Kaycee: "but that's the thing, I can't take the flirting anymore...because it makes me wanna be closer to him and it can't be that way."

Josh: "he flirts with you often?"

Kaycee: "nobody really knew this but, Sean calms me down when I'm somewhere unfamiliar at night. I always struggle to fall asleep if I'm anywhere but my house or in his arms. He always cuddled me to sleep when we had sleepovers, and I had about 7 of his hoodies in my closet but guys...I just returned them to him at the studio."

Josh: "wait...you handed them to him?"

Kaycee: "no, he always leaves his car unlocked so I just threw them in the back"

just then her phone went off, a FaceTime call from Sean.

Julian: "we'll be quiet, just tell him you're alone"

She nodded as a thank you and slide to the right to answer.

Kaycee: "yes?"

Sean: "why the fuck did you put all my hoodies in the car?"

Kaycee: "we went over this Sean, and I'm pretty sure Bailey wouldn't appreciate it if she knew I was hiding a stash of your clothes in my room."

Sean: "why is everything coming back to that recently kayc? it's all we ever talk about"

Kaycee: "cause that's all I ever think about...I have to watch what I do because you have a girlfriend."

Sean: "nobody said that except for you."

Kaycee: "and it's how I feel. if I do one wrong thing she's gonna get mad at you, and I don't wanna be the cause of any arguing."

Sean: "you realize she'd never make me pick between the two of you right?"

Kaycee: "nobody makes you Sean, sometimes it just happens over time without you noticing"

Sean: "where are you right now"

Kaycee: "jamba"

Sean: "I'm on my way, we need to talk"

Kaycee: "no, I'm leaving right now"

Sean: "then I'll meet you at your house, you're not getting out of this"

She sighed

Kaycee: "can't we just talk it out now?"

Sean: "no because you can dodge my questions...you can't do that when we're face to face kaycee."

Kaycee: "fine, meet me at my house at 11"

Sean: "see you then"

She hung up, not wanting to deal with the conversation that was about to happen, collecting her things.

Julian: "guess you gotta go then?"

Kaycee: "guys I dunno what to do...what do I say to him?"

Julian: "kayc, just tell him. he deserves to know okay?"

Kaycee: "but...but what about Bailey?"

Josh: "She has him kaycee, and she's where you wanna be yeah?"

She shook her head to signify that he was right.

Josh: "then I don't think you should be the one worrying about feelings right now. Just do you, the rest will fall into place"

Kaycee let a smile show

Kaycee: "thank you guys, so much, really"

Julian: "we've got you, always"

Josh: "and if things start to overwhelm you just call"

Kaycee: "I will, and thanks for tonight"

They nodded as they watched her walk outside and pull down the street a quarter till 11.

On her way home she listened to Silence by Khalid, thinking of all the time they invested into World of Dance, and before she knew it she was home.

She got settled in some warm clothes and only seconds later a knock sounded at her door.

Kaycee: "come in"

Sean opened the door and closed it gently

Sean: "does your mom know I'm here?"

Kaycee: "no, but she doesn't care"

Sean: "mkay"

Kaycee: "you can come sit"

He nodded, feeling awkward but grateful that he was able to have this conversation with her.

Sean: "before we start, you know I don't swear much around you...but I'm gonna apologize before hand just in case I slip okay?"

Kaycee: "okay"

Sean: "kayc why are you avoiding me so much lately?"

Kaycee: "I feel like Bailey thinks I'm gonna steal you if I don't back off some..."

Sean: "I had that discussion with her before we even started dating, it's nothing for you to worry about"

Kaycee: "but I worry about it Sean. Just because you tell me not to doesn't mean it's all gonna magically go away"

Sean: "I understand that but, Bailey gets how close we are. She doesn't mind, and if she did I wouldn't be with her"

Kaycee: "she claims she doesn't mind, but if I were her I'd be sus too Sean. The things we used to do can't happen anymore"

Sean: "what things"

Kaycee looked down, annoyed that she'd brought up such a tough subject for her.