Chapter 11 New Members!

*Apartment*
Zane and Zari looked at the photos at their computer in the kitchen.

"EMBER symbols. Three superheroes were found dead around the same time." Zane says.

"I guess they want to attract the attention of other superheroes and us." Zari says.

"Well, too bad that we won't split up. We know the consequences." Zane responds.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
Zari heads toward the door. She opens it and sees John.

"John! Glad you came." Zari says with a smile.

"Yeah, I almost forgot." John states.

"Come in." Zari says as she moves out of the way.

John enters as Zari closes the door.

"So! Um.. what did you want to see me?" John asks.

"It's about the group. Please have a seat." Zane says.

John nods and sits at the chair, next to Zari.

"So what about the group?" John asks.

"Well, we want you to join us. Help us take down EMBER." Zane replies.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm not capable enough for that kind of work." John says.

"John. We know your more than capable enough. Even though you have trust issues because of New Boston, we can help you. If you join us, you can get stronger and more experienced." Zane says.

John looks at Zari who smiles.

"I'm not sure. It is really worth it?" John asks.

"Would you rather have EMBER take the people you care about? If we told Seraphina to join us and help people, she would probably be in the same position as you. Unlike you, Seraphina doesn't see the point of a low-tier. But you do since you're a late bloomer." Zane says.

"Come on John. You ability could be helpful." Zari says.

"But do the both of you even know about my ability?" John asks.

"If I recall, you can copy or mimic abilities." Zari says.

"Well it's call Aura Manipulation. As long abilities have a physical feedback, I can copy and amplify their abilities." John says.

"Well, that's good. You're the only one who has that rare ability." Zane says.

"With your ability, we have an easier chance at defeating EMBER by at least two percent. I don't want our hopes to go too high now. This is a dangerous organization we are talking about." Zari states.

"And we don't want you to think we are using you. You already have trust issues as it is. I'm sure the others won't mind you joining us. But they do have a say. So, you are one of the people we have scouted." Zane states.

"And who are the others?" John asks.

"Well, Seraphina is one of them but she's not here. So, the others decided to find someone they can trust to keep this quiet or have something against EMBER. Sometimes, they don't bring anyone because how two-faced people are." Zane says.

"So in the mean time, want something to eat?" Zari asks.

"Oh sure." John smiles.

"Alright." Zari smiles back.

*Fifteen minutes later*
John was finishing up eating chicken with rice.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
Zane walks toward the door and opens it.